Make these adorable Pencil Toppers out of Duck Tape! They are the perfect easy craft to get the kids pumped for back to school! (Be sure to scroll to the bottom to enter the Duck Tape giveaway!)
Can you believe we only have a week or two left before school begins again? (I think some have even started already judging by the back to school photos I have been seeing on Facebook.) It’s bringing me down to realize the kids go back in a few short days. While I’m looking forward to having them back in school, I’m not happy about the 6 am wake up time!
We’ve gotten all the back to school shopping done and the kids and I are doing everything we can to celebrate these last days of summer. Traveling, baking and of course, a bit of crafting!
Our favorite craft medium of late? Duck Tape!
Duck Tape comes in so many awesome prints patterns and colors and my daughter loves crafting with Duck Tape because she can do just about anything with it. I love it because it is a craft supply that she can have free reign with- no paint spills, glitter showers or marker mishaps to worry about. You can find Duck tape almost everywhere, but you’ll find the best selections at Michael’s, Walmart, and Hobby Lobby.
Today, I’m sharing how we made these super cute Pencil Toppers. To see more easy Duck Tape crafts, be sure to check out the Duck Tape themed Pinterest board here.
How to make Duck Tape Pencil Toppers
- Duck Tape
- glue (optional, but you might want to use a few drops if you craft with the glitter tape)
(Prefer video instructions? Skip to the bottom for a quick how to video!)
1. Rip off 2 piece of Duck Tape about 14 inches long. Place the strips sticky sides together to make a double sided strip of Duck Tape.
2. Cut the duck tape int fringe. (You want the fringe to be about 1/8 to 1/4 inches wide and the cut should end about 1/4 inch from the edge of the tape.
3. Cut two small pieces of Duck Tape (as pictured below) as the “fasteners”
4. Use the small piece of tape to adhere the edge of the Duck Tape fringe to the top of the pencil. (about an inch below the erase, so it can still be used.)
5. Keep wrapping till the fringe is completely wrapped around the pencil. (If you are using the glitter Duck Tape, you will need to add a drop of glue to help the tape stick permanently.)
Now get to writing!
Duck Tape is a great way to personalize and style up your school supplies and accessories, plus is great for kids of all ages and often times, doesn’t require additional supplies to craft! There are over 250 prints and colors to choose from, making each project unique in it’s own way.
Don’t forget to check out all the Duck Tape Craft ideas on Pinterest!
Want to win a collection of 4 to 6 rolls of awesome printed Duck Tape for your next craft project? To enter the giveaway, visit the Duck Tape Pinterest page here ==>> Duck Tape Pinterest page and leave a comment letting me know what project you would like to try! (As long as you enter your email in the email spot when leaving the comment, I will be able to contact you.) Winner will be drawn randomly on or around 8/22/16. Giveaway over- winner has been emailed!
Good luck!Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: