Baked Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches:
It’s almost dinner time… Who’s hungry?
Have you even started to think about what’s for dinner yet? Today’s recipe for Baked Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches is a yummy one that my entire family loves. I love it because it is so easy (and it’s one of my cook once eat twice recipes.)
What’s a cook once, eat twice type of recipe? I’m glad you asked… It’s my favorite kind of recipe. One where you cook a double or triple amount of protein or main ingredient (like ground beef, chicken, pork or beans) and use it in multiple recipes throughout the week.
For this recipe, I made a crockpot full of my barbecue chicken breasts. We ate the barbecue chicken breasts the first night and then a day or two later we had these Sandwiches. Of course, you don’t have to cook the chicken in the slow cooker. You could add your favorite bbq sauce to any pre-cooked diced or shredded chicken to make these sandwiches.
My kids loved these!
Looking for other Cook once, eat twice recipes for leftover barbecue chicken? Try these recipes:
Barbecue Chicken Skillet Pockets
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Perfect Barbecue Chicken and Cheese topped Baked Potato
Or how about another cook one eat twice chicken recipe using Buffalo Sauce? Thy this one: Buffalo Chicken Pizza (you can thank me later!) 😉Print
- Pre-cooked chicken, shredded or diced. ( I used leftovers from this recipe)
- Barbecue sauce
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Sandwich rolls or hot dog buns
- If using leftover chicken, make sure to reheat it a bit in the microwave.
- Mix together barbecue sauce and shredded/diced chicken. (I didn’t measure the sauce, just use what looks right.)
- Fill the sandwich rolls with the chicken mixture, top with a bit more bbq sauce.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet with a lip (like a jelly roll pan) or a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle a handful of the shredded cheese over the sandwiches and bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bread is toasty.
Don't miss any more posts! Follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!