Ok, I tried, but didn’t succeed… I am so annoyed! I have spent what feels like hours working on this bias tape. And guess what? I still managed to mess it up and had to just sew the ends together. If I had just done that to begin with, it probably would have taken 15 minutes. I tried so hard, I studied several tutorials, I watched some on YouTube. I still ended up with this…
Yep, 8 lengths of Bias tape sewed to themselves. And that is after carefully measuring and drawing the lines in the wrong direction and sewing it the wrong way too. I give up…
Next time I will just sew a few strips together or just use the store bought stuff, like I usually do.
By the way, I do have one of these, and it works great. I had been coveting one of those new Simplicity Bias Tape Making machines. I even considered spending my birthday money on it, boy I am glad I didn’t. (See what I did get here: Birthday Swag
Here is the result of my 3-hour-turned-all day-project.
Here she is wearing it:
Came out darn cute! It is just a pillowcase-style dress. I shirred the top and added bias tape ties.
Now I am off to enjoy our last day of spring break… Yesterday, we had a picnic in the yard, and probably will again today, the kids love it!