I love it when I find a yummy and super easy recipe that combines some of my favorite healthy ingredients. This recipe for Chicken Broccoli Pie is no exception. (It’s budget friendly too…)
Chicken and Broccoli Pie
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle broccoli, 1 cup of the cheese, chicken and onion in pie plate.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients with wire whisk or fork until blended.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
If you like this type of recipe and want to see more, you can follow along using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed here.
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.