Tortellini, chicken, spinach and tangy Italian spices come together perfectly in this easy Chicken and Tortellini Pasta Salad. The addition of chicken makes this pasta salad a great option for dinner or a side dish.
If you were to take a peek into my freezer, there are a few items that I always have on hand. Frozen fruit for smoothies, frozen broccoli for when there is nothing fresh, meatballs and chicken. I love to cook and bake, but there are many nights when were crunched for time or I’m just to worn out to cook a huge meal. On these nights, I rely on the ingredients in my pantry and freezer for a quick meal. Thank you to Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group for sponsoring this post! All opinions are 100% mine!
My go to for protein is the Tyson® GRILLED & READY® CHICKEN STRIPS. I use the chicken strips in my lunches and dinner recipes all the time. It’s just such a quick and easy way to add a lean protein to our meals. Since we often get tired of the same ol’ Tex-Mex salads, quesadillas and burritos that frequent our menus, I thought it was time mix things up with a new recipe and make the family something a little bit different for dinner.
Tortellini is a family favorite, (I guess I should add tortellini to my always on hand list too) so I combined the tortellini, Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and the zesty, WISH-BONE® ITALIAN DRESSING (plus a few other ingredients from the fridge) to make a one bowl meal that’s perfectly balanced, full of protein and flavor. Want more quick and easy recipes? Be sure to check out all the one bowl meal ideas on the Tyson® page.
Even with the spinach, this dish got the a-OK from everyone! The addition of the chicken made this a perfect dinner recipe, but it would also make a fabulous potluck/cold salad/side dish.
Chicken and Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 18 to 20 oz tortellini (whatever flavor you like)
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, stems removed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup split sweet cherry tomatoes (reserve a few for garnish)
- 1/2 cup diced olives (reserve a few for garnish)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, rinse with cool water and drain.
- Add 1 cup of Italian dressing to tortellini and stir til coated.
- Add diced chicken to tortellini and mix until coated with dressing.
- Place tortellini/chicken mixture in the fridge until chilled (30 to 45 minutes)
- Prior to serving, mix in all the rest of the ingredients, including the additional 1/2 cup of dressing.
- Garnish with reserved toppings and serve.
Have you tried the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Strips? What’s your favorite way to serve them?
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are entirely my own.