Tortellini, chicken, spinach, and tangy Italian spices come together perfectly in this easy Chicken and Tortellini Pasta Salad. The addition of chicken makes this pasta salad a great option for dinner or a side dish.
Chicken and Tortellini Pasta Salad
If you were to take a peek into my freezer, there are a few items that I always have on hand. Frozen fruit for smoothies, frozen broccoli for when there is nothing fresh, meatballs, and chicken.
I love to cook and bake, but there are many nights when we’re crunched for time or I’m just too worn out to cook a huge meal. On these nights, I rely on the ingredients in my pantry and freezer for a quick meal. Thank you to Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group for sponsoring this post! All opinions are 100% mine!
My go-to for protein is the Tyson® GRILLED & READY® CHICKEN STRIPS.
I use the chicken strips in my lunches and dinner recipes all the time. It’s just such a quick and easy way to add lean protein to our meals.
Since we often get tired of the same ol’ Tex-Mex salads, quesadillas, and burritos that frequent our menus, I thought it was time to mix things up with a new recipe and make the family something a little bit different for dinner.
Tortellini is a family favorite, (I guess I should add tortellini to my always on hand list too) so I combined the tortellini, Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and the zesty, WISH-BONE® ITALIAN DRESSING (plus a few other ingredients from the fridge) to make a one-bowl meal that’s perfectly balanced, full of protein and flavor.
Even with the spinach, this dish got the a-OK from everyone! The addition of the chicken made this a perfect dinner recipe, but it would also make a fabulous potluck/cold salad/side dish.
Have you tried the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Strips? What’s your favorite way to serve them?
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week! Print
Tortellini, chicken, spinach and tangy Italian spices come together perfectly in this easy Chicken and Tortellini Pasta Salad.
- 18 to 20 oz tortellini (whatever flavor you like)
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, stems removed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup split sweet cherry tomatoes (reserve a few for garnish)
- 1/2 cup diced olives (reserve a few for garnish)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, rinse with cool water and drain.
- Add 1 cup of Italian dressing to tortellini and stir til coated.
- Add diced chicken to tortellini and mix until coated with dressing.
- Place tortellini/chicken mixture in the fridge until chilled (30 to 45 minutes)
- Prior to serving, mix in all the rest of the ingredients, including the additional 1/2 cup of dressing.
- Garnish with reserved toppings and serve.
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are entirely my own.
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.