DIY Sub Sandwich Ring
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you have plans to host a get together for the big game? Today I’m sharing a great customizable (to any taste) DIY Sub Sandwich Ring that’s perfect for game day (or any get-together!)
Almost everyone loves sub sandwiches! What makes this one special is using a refrigerated dough (the kind that comes in a tube) and shaping it into a ring before baking. You then assemble the sandwich on a platter with a few basics and include all sorts of yummy add-ons. Onions, pickles, olives and all types of peppers to make the sandwich spicy or mild. Whichever way you like your sub sandwich, it’s up to you!
Thank you to Mezzetta for partnering with me in sharing this recipe!
Spicy, mild, Greek inspired- this DIY Sub “your-way” Sandwich Ring is fabulous any way you like it. (Plus the ring sub sandwich presentation is always a crowd pleaser!) For our add-ons, I used the Mezzetta peppers and olives. (I especially love their roasted red peppers but did not use them today.) I put the olives and jalapenos in a little serving bowl along side of the sandwich ring for our guests to add as much or as little as they want.
DIY Sub Sandwich Ring Recipe
(adapted from Pampered Chef)
- Two packages (11 oz each) refrigerated bread dough
- One egg white, lightly beaten
- One tsp sesame seeds
- Dijon mustard
- 1 16 oz package of thinly sliced deli meat (use whatever you like- you can even double it)
- 6 to 8 slices of your preferred cheese, sliced diagonally (I love Colby jack.)
- 2 cups thinly sliced lettuce
- optional: pickles, onions tomatoes, banana peppers, olives, jalapenos
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place dough, seam-side down on a greased cookie sheet. Form into a ring and press edges together.
2. Brush egg white over dough, sprinkle with sesame seeds and use a serrated knife to make eight diagonal cuts into the dough.
3. Bake 25 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Let cool.
4. Use serrated knife to cut the ring in half. Place bottom half on serving platter.
5. Layer mustard, meat, and cheese onto bread.
6. Depending on how soon you are serving the sandwich, you can add a few more toppings or can stop here. (The rest of the toppings might make the sandwich soggy if not serving for 25 minutes or more.) Add all other toppings to small serving bowl for everyone to pick and choose from.
Slice, Serve and Enjoy!
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.
That looks delicious and would be so much fun to serve!
What a great idea, definite a great idea for when you have company in for game day or any family event really.
How fun to make a sandwich ring. It really makes a wonderful presentation!
This would be great for Super Bowl parties coming up! Keeping this in mind for sure!
This is so clever. My kids would love this. And I could just leave out some of the "extra" toppings for people to add on their own. I am definitely going to do this! A little healthier than some of the other snack foods for the big game. 🙂
Yumm! I can't wait to try it. I wish I had one right now!