So… I admit it- I’m a chocoholic! I love chocolate and everything else that goes along with Valentine’s Day. Pink and red everywhere, everything heart shaped and more reasons to whip up yummy treats like this Strawberry and Toasted Almond Chocolate Bark.
(I originally shared this recipe over at Snap! last year, but since Valentine’s day is just around the corner, I wanted to reshare it for you over here in case you missed that post…)
I’ll definitely take my chocolate fix any way I can. One of my favorite ways is to make quick candies with Chocolate Almond Bark. (I love using real chocolate when I bake, but Almond Bark melts like a dream in the microwave, so it’s perfect for quick candies.)
I’ve seen bark made different ways. You can spread a very thin layer of the bark out on wax paper and then sprinkle your ingredients on top, but I like my bark a bit thicker with the ingredients mixed in and just a bit more goodies strategically placed on top.
This chocolate bark is all about the roasted almonds and the gorgeous freeze dried strawberries. I loved working with the freeze dried strawberries. They had no extra sugar added and and were sweet with a bit of crunch to them. I found these at Trader Joes, but they can be ordered online as well. The almonds toasted the almonds before adding them to the chocolate. There’s just something about toasting almonds that deepens their flavor and brings out all their nutty deliciousness.
Three easy ingredients is all that’s needed for this delightful treat!
Strawberry and Toasted Almond Chocolate Bark
- 12 oz Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a baking sheet and place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and stir almonds around sheet, return to oven for another 3 to 5 minutes or until almonds are slightly darker in color. Remove from pan and cool.
- Place Chocolate Almond Bark in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and keep heating in 15 minute increments until completely melted.
- Mix 7/8 cup of the almonds and strawberries into the chocolate. (You’ll want to reserve just a few of both to sprinkle on top of the candy.)
- Spread the candy out onto a large piece of wax paper and quickly sprinkle the remaining strawberries and almonds to the top.
- Let chocolate harden and break into pieces
Just a quick little nibble…
Then wrap them up and they are ready to give! Wouldn’t a sweet gift like this make you smile?
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_enable_interest_ads = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “scathoofacram-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “auto”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_textlinks = “”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “5b54e4ab306be40b80ac164ad01e4a33”;
amzn_assoc_emphasize_categories = “16310101,284507”;
amzn_assoc_rows = “1”;
Looking for more easy and yummy treats for Valentine’s Day? Be sure to check these out:
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: