My family is a big fan of sausage. However I decide to prepare it, they gobble it up! Today, I’m sharing this oh-so-yummy, Quick and Easy, Sausage, Chicken and Black Bean Paella recipe. The “Paella” is made with a package of yellow rice, sausage, black beans, and a few other ingredients and everybody loves it!
What is Paella?
Traditionally, Paella is a Spanish Rice dish made with meat, seafood, veggies, and rice, flavored with saffron and other spices. We love all these flavors, but for the most part, I don’t have the desire to cook this dish from scratch (or seafood for that matter.)
I’ve put together a fun Tex-Mex twist on Paella to make a quick and easy shortcut recipe for you and your family to enjoy. (We sure do!)
To make this Sausage, Chicken and Black Bean Paella Recipe have more of a Tex-Mex flair, I loaded up on the cumin, black beans, corn, and red peppers. I included a mix of precooked chicken and sliced smoked sausage. (Doesn’t sausage make everything better, lol?)
Ingredients in this Black Bean Paella
Want to give this Black Bean and Sausage Paella a try? These are the ingredients to add to your grocery list:
- Yellow rice, prepared (look for a package that makes 6 cups)
- Red pepper (you can leave this out if your yellow rice has red peppers in it)
- Garlic cloves
- 13 oz package smoked sausage
- 1 to 2 cups pre-cooked Chicken
- Chicken broth
- 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- Frozen corn (canned works too)
- 2 14 oz cans black beans
- Olive oil
This recipe does make quite a bit, but it’s so yummy. I doubt it will last long!
Like quick and easy dinners for the family? You may also enjoy:
- Cuban French Bread Pizza
- Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli with Udon Noodles
- Easy Ham and Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- Easy Slow Cooker Meatball Subs
Quick and Easy: Sausage, Chicken and Black Bean Paella Recipe
- 6 cups yellow rice, prepared
- 1 cup diced red pepper (you can leave this out if your yellow rice has red peppers in it)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 13 oz Butterball Turkey Sausage, sliced
- 1 cup pre-cooked Chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans black bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare yellow rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to the pan, heat over med-high heat and saute red bell peppers for 3 minutes. (If you are using the peppers.)
- Add garlic, saute another minute.
- Add sausage, chicken, cumin, paprika, tomatoes, corn and broth to pan. Continue cooking another few minutes until everything is heated. Reduce heat to low.
- Once rice has finished cooking, mix beans into rice.
- Add rice/bean mixture to cooking pan, thoroughly mixing everything. Taste, add additional cumin, paprika, salt and pepper if desired.
- If there is too much liquid in the pan, continue cooking over low heat, with lid off until extra liquid is absorbed. (Will only take a few minutes.)
Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cup (heaping)
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 7
Keywords: pantry meals, tex-mex, paella, rice
If you make this dish, be sure to come back and let us know how it went and what changes you made if any!