Make these adorable Embellished Flip-flops with a brightly colored bandana!
I just saw that Old Navy will be having their flip-flops on sale for a dollar tomorrow! Yea! I just hope I can get down there before the good colors and sizes get taken.
With all those flip-flops only being a dollar, I figured this is the perfect time to share the embellished flip-flops I made for my daughter last week.
So cute! And they look adorable with the yellow ruffle top I made for her.
Making these embellished flip-flops was really easy. All I used was a yellow bandanna, a pre-made bow embellishment and a pair of plain flip-flops (of course.)
*update: I recently made another pair, this time in red, white, and blue with no embellishment.
More Bandana Crafts you might like:
- Shirred Bandana Dress
- How To Make A Pillowcase Dress Without Sewing
- No Sew Simple Fabric Bracelet Tutorial (W/ Bandanas)
- Red White And Blue Bandana Quilt Tutorial
- Bandana Tablecloths
How to Make Embellished Flip Flops:
- bandanna or other cotton quilting fabric
- a pre-made bow embellishment (or make your own) (you may need glue, needle and thread depending on how the bow needs to be attached)
- a pair of plain flip-flops
1. Cut the bandanna on the bias, into 1-inch strips (to help minimize the fraying). Then cut the 1-inch strips to about 4.5 inches long.
2. Tie the strips onto the flip flop using the same method as this scrap-busting headband. (I tied them very tightly and did not use any glue. -If I notice the strips are coming loose too quickly, I may go back and add some.)
3. Keep adding strips until you are satisfied with the fullness.
4. Trim all the strips so they are even and hand sew on (or glue)the embellishment!
How easy was that? (and so cute too!)
Now go make a few of your own embellished flip flops!