Back to school is just around the corner! Here are 5 School Lunch Ideas guaranteed to Make Your Kids Smile!
(Thanks to Rubbermaid for sponsoring this post!)Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s Back to School Time!
I feel like I blinked and summer is nearly over! I’m just not ready to give up our lazy summer days, sleeping in and evenings with later bedtimes. (Even though this summer has been the year of the mosquito!)
I’ve had the kids in day camp a couple of weeks this summer and we packed their lunches every morning. The soft side, insulated lunch bags we were using were great for keeping foods cool, but with the the traditional sandwich and snack plastic bags we used, our sandwiches and crackers would often get squished in the car! (And what’s worse than a squished soggy sandwich?)
School Lunch Packing Tips:
My new secret weapon for packing amazing and unsquashable lunches are these LunchBlox containers from Rubbermaid!
The LunchBlox containers are perfect for school lunches. The individual containers are great for keeping food separated, cool and not smashed! We tested them out and are loving them. (You can find the the sandwich kit I am using here.)
They have a couple of different sizes, but I like the Sandwich Kit size for their lunches. The containers snap together in different configurations to fit perfectly into their lunch bags. (The LunchBlox containers do come in other shapes and sizes to fit almost any box or bag.) They even come with their own ice pack!
I always start with good intentions when it comes to packing the kids lunches, but if you’re anything like me, after about 2 or 3 weeks in, you might start to run out of healthy school lunch ideas.
The Most Helpful Lunch Packing Tips I can share with you today?
- Prepare and pack lunches the night before! Such a time saver and one less thing to worry about during that morning rush! I found I had the most success making the kids put together their lunches for the next day when they first get home from school and are having their snacks.
- Cook/prepare favorites in bulk. I you are serious about making lunch prep easier, plan to set aside time once a week to prep cut fruits and veggies. Bulk cooking a few favorites to keep in the freezer is also a great way to get variety in to the lunches. Foods like these mini meatloaf muffins, bacon egg and cheese biscuits, DIY peanut butter and jelly “uncrustables” and burritos, all freeze well.
- Buy convenience and snack foods in bulk and maybe even set them up on auto-delivery. I love amazon for that – they call it subscribe and save. See all the subscribe and save options here.
- Get organized! Set aside a spot in the pantry or fridge to make lunch packing easier.
- Get the kids involved. Have the kids sit down and brainstorm healthy school lunch ideas that are easy to make and pack and (if kids are old enough) have them create and post the lunch menus for the week on the fridge.
In case you need a few new school lunch ideas for inspiration, I’ve put together 5 of our favorite easy healthy lunches with you today- in pictures…
5 School Lunch Ideas for kids (that they’ll actually eat!)
I’d love to know, what is your child’s favorite packed lunch item or treat? Share in the comments below!
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!