Need a quick dinner idea for a couple of hungry kids? You’ve got to try these Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato Bowls!
Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato Bowls
What a busy, busy week it’s been! Between all the kid’s activities and squeezing 2 weeks’ worth of work in one week, (heading out of town for a week) I’ve also had to get the entire house cleaned for hosting the family Thanksgiving festivities at my house when we get back from our trip.
Needless to say, there were not a lot of home-cooked meals happening. Due to lack of time and an attempt to keep my kitchen semi-clean, I mostly put together quick meals and stuff from the freezer.
One of the items that make a frequent appearance is chicken nuggets. (Nuggets are a freezer staple if you have little ones.) As I was getting ready to prepare the nuggets for dinner, my daughter came into the kitchen and announced she wanted mashed potatoes.
Ok, that was doable, as I knew there was a full box of instant mashed potatoes and at least one package of gravy in the pantry. As I was pulling everything together, I thought it would be fun to make DIY Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato bowls (A-la KFC style.) Who remembers these?
Can I just say these Mashed Potato Bowls were awesome! I prefer country gravy over brown gravy and this brand was one of the best I’ve had. (It was a dry gravy mix- I don’t remember the brand, but I will check when I get home and update this post later. Update- it’s this one: Pioneer Brand Peppered Gravy Mix )
- I purposefully left the ingredient amounts blank. Just use what you have on hand. This is a recipe that is easy to “eyeball” and throw together in just a few minutes.)
- Yes, you can totally make everything from scratch and I am sure it will be awesome. Just do you. All homemade or premade from a box, I’m willing to bet your kids will enjoy these Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato Bowls.
- Tyson makes a spicy chicken nugget that is super yummy in the bowls.
Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato Bowls are delicious and so easy! Kids (and adults) will gobble them up.
- Prepared Mashed potatoes (instant or from scratch- as much as you want.)
- Prepared Gravy (country-style or brown, your preference)
- Chicken nuggets, cooked
- Handful of corn
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In the serving bowl, mix together the Mashed Potatoes and corn.
- Add chicken nuggets and top with gravy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with shredded cheese.
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.