Need a quick dinner idea for a couple of hungry kids? You’ve got to try these Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato Bowls!
Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato Bowls
What a busy, busy week it’s been! Between all the kid’s activities and squeezing 2 weeks’ worth of work in one week, (heading out of town for a week) I’ve also had to get the entire house cleaned for hosting the family Thanksgiving festivities at my house when we get back from our trip.
Needless to say, there were not a lot of home-cooked meals happening. Due to lack of time and an attempt to keep my kitchen semi-clean, I mostly put together quick meals and stuff from the freezer.
One of the items that make a frequent appearance is chicken nuggets. (Nuggets are a freezer staple if you have little ones.) As I was getting ready to prepare the nuggets for dinner, my daughter came into the kitchen and announced she wanted mashed potatoes.
Ok, that was doable, as I knew there was a full box of instant mashed potatoes and at least one package of gravy in the pantry. As I was pulling everything together, I thought it would be fun to make DIY Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato bowls (A-la KFC style.) Who remembers these?
Can I just say these Mashed Potato Bowls were awesome! I prefer country gravy over brown gravy and this brand was one of the best I’ve had. (It was a dry gravy mix- I don’t remember the brand, but I will check when I get home and update this post later. Update- it’s this one: Pioneer Brand Peppered Gravy Mix )
- I purposefully left the ingredient amounts blank. Just use what you have on hand. This is a recipe that is easy to “eyeball” and throw together in just a few minutes.)
- Yes, you can totally make everything from scratch and I am sure it will be awesome. Just do you. All homemade or premade from a box, I’m willing to bet your kids will enjoy these Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato Bowls.
- Tyson makes a spicy chicken nugget that is super yummy in the bowls.
Chicken Nugget Mashed Potato Bowls are delicious and so easy! Kids (and adults) will gobble them up.
- Prepared Mashed potatoes (instant or from scratch- as much as you want.)
- Prepared Gravy (country-style or brown, your preference)
- Chicken nuggets, cooked
- Handful of corn
- Shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In the serving bowl, mix together the Mashed Potatoes and corn.
- Add chicken nuggets and top with gravy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with shredded cheese.