Are you ready for a quick, easy and oh-so delicious twist on Taco Night? Then you’ll love these simple to make Mediterranean Chicken Tacos!
Thank you to Tyson Foods and Tortilla Land for sponsoring this post!
I had my blender out last week making lots of smoothies, a few snacks and other yummy treats. (Like this one minute ice cream.) I always seem to use my blender in “spurts.” When it’s out- I use it all the time, but as soon as I put it back into the cabinet, it stays there for the several weeks. Is that just me, or does anyone else do this?
Anyway, since it was still out, I wanted to do a little recipe experimenting. The kids love to snack on hummus and I wanted to test out an idea to make a shortcut hummus recipe. (Not that hummus is difficult to make- did you catch my spice white bean hummus recipe from a few weeks ago? Hubby devoured that one; kids barely got any, lol!)
This new recipe turned out really good! All I did was combine the garbanzo beans, a bit of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, a spoonful of raw red bell pepper and a pinch of Turmeric in my blender. This Hummus was a hit with everyone! Not spicy at all and even had a touch of sweetness from the red bell pepper and dressing.
Tacos make a frequent appearance on the dinner menu at our house. They’re so simple to throw together and everyone likes them. Since I’d made a double batch of this hummus, I had a great idea for a fun twist on Taco night. Mediterranean style chicken tacos!
My secret for getting these tacos on the table in just a few minutes is using Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas. The Tortillaland tortillas come uncooked, but they heat up on the stovetop in about a minute and taste so much better than the ready to eat ones!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Mediterranean Chicken Tacos
- 1 14 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained (Keep the liquid)
- 2 tbsp. diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup reserved Liquid from beans
- optional: pinch of turmeric
- optional: sliced black olives (I intended to add olives, but my jar of olives mysteriously disappeared!)
- 8 TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas
- 24 oz. Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Strips, preheated in Microwave
- Optional Toppings: Lettuce, diced cucumbers, diced red bell peppers, Tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, additional Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing for drizzle
- Combine Beans, bell pepper, Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, optional turmeric and 1/3 cup of reserved liquid. Blend until smooth, adding additional liquid by the tablespoon as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Heat Tortillas according to package directions
- Spread a generous amount of hummus on each tortilla.
- Top with chicken and desired toppings. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired.
Now it’s your turn! What’s your family’s favorite taco? Sound off in the comments below.