Mediterranean Chicken Tacos
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you ready for a quick, easy and oh-so delicious twist on Taco Night? Then you’ll love these simple to make Mediterranean Chicken Tacos!
Thank you to Tyson Foods and Tortilla Land for sponsoring this post!
I had my blender out last week making lots of smoothies, a few snacks and other yummy treats. (Like this one minute ice cream.) I always seem to use my blender in “spurts.” When it’s out- I use it all the time, but as soon as I put it back into the cabinet, it stays there for the several weeks. Is that just me, or does anyone else do this?
Anyway, since it was still out, I wanted to do a little recipe experimenting. The kids love to snack on hummus and I wanted to test out an idea to make a shortcut hummus recipe. (Not that hummus is difficult to make- did you catch my spice white bean hummus recipe from a few weeks ago? Hubby devoured that one; kids barely got any, lol!)
This new recipe turned out really good! All I did was combine the garbanzo beans, a bit of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, a spoonful of raw red bell pepper and a pinch of Turmeric in my blender. This Hummus was a hit with everyone! Not spicy at all and even had a touch of sweetness from the red bell pepper and dressing.
Tacos make a frequent appearance on the dinner menu at our house. They’re so simple to throw together and everyone likes them. Since I’d made a double batch of this hummus, I had a great idea for a fun twist on Taco night. Mediterranean style chicken tacos!
My secret for getting these tacos on the table in just a few minutes is using Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas. The Tortillaland tortillas come uncooked, but they heat up on the stovetop in about a minute and taste so much better than the ready to eat ones!
Mediterranean Chicken Tacos
- 1 14 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained (Keep the liquid)
- 2 tbsp. diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup reserved Liquid from beans
- optional: pinch of turmeric
- optional: sliced black olives (I intended to add olives, but my jar of olives mysteriously disappeared!)
- 8 TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas
- 24 oz. Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Strips, preheated in Microwave
- Optional Toppings: Lettuce, diced cucumbers, diced red bell peppers, Tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, additional Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing for drizzle
- Combine Beans, bell pepper, Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, optional turmeric and 1/3 cup of reserved liquid. Blend until smooth, adding additional liquid by the tablespoon as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Heat Tortillas according to package directions
- Spread a generous amount of hummus on each tortilla.
- Top with chicken and desired toppings. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired.
Now it’s your turn! What’s your family’s favorite taco? Sound off in the comments below.
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.