Are you ready for a quick, easy and oh-so delicious twist on Taco Night? Then you’ll love these simple to make Mediterranean Chicken Tacos!
This post and recipe for Mediterranean Chicken Tacos is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc., Circle Foods LLC, and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions and text are entirely my own.
I had my blender out last week making lots of smoothies, a few snacks and other yummy treats. (Like this one minute ice cream.) I always seem to use my blender in “spurts.” When it’s out- I use it all the time, but as soon as I put it back into the cabinet, it stays there for the several weeks. Is that just me, or does anyone else do this?
Anyway, since it was still out, I wanted to do a little recipe experimenting. The kids love to snack on hummus and I wanted to test out an idea to make a shortcut hummus recipe. (Not that hummus is difficult to make- did you catch my spice white bean hummus recipe from a few weeks ago? Hubby devoured that one; kids barely got any, lol!)
This new recipe turned out really good! All I did was combine the garbanzo beans, a bit of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, a spoonful of raw red bell pepper and a pinch of Turmeric in my blender. This Hummus was a hit with everyone! Not spicy at all and even had a touch of sweetness from the red bell pepper and dressing.
Tacos make a frequent appearance on the dinner menu at our house. They’re so simple to throw together and everyone likes them. Since I’d made a double batch of this hummus, I had a great idea for a fun twist on Taco night. Mediterranean style chicken tacos!
My secret for getting these tacos on the table in just a few minutes is using Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas. Have you seen the TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas before? They’re fresh, uncooked tortillas and made with just 5 simple ingredients, and can be found in the refrigerated section. (I do quite a bit of my grocery shopping at Walmart and usually find these tortillas with the Mexican Cheeses and meats. For me, that is located at the end of the meat case, but before you get to the deli meats.)
Don’t let the uncooked part scare you off- they heat up on the stovetop in about a minute and taste so good!!
Mediterranean Chicken Tacos
- 1 14 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained (Keep the liquid)
- 2 tbsp. diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup reserved Liquid from beans
- optional: pinch of turmeric
- optional: slices black olives (I intended to add olives, but my jar of olives mysteriously disappeared!)
- 8 TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas
- 24 oz. Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Strips, preheated in Microwave
- Optional Toppings: Lettuce, diced cucumbers, diced red bell peppers, Tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, additional Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing for drizzle
- Combine Beans, bell pepper, Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, optional turmeric and 1/3 cup of reserved liquid. Blend until smooth, adding additional liquid by the tablespoon as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Heat Tortillas according to package directions
- Spread a generous amount of hummus on each tortilla.
- Top with chicken and desired toppings. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired.
With summer in full swing, don’t forget to stop by Walmart and stock up on Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing and Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken. They’re the perfect combination for making mealtime quick, easy and delicious! Want more recipes featuring the two? Check out the recipe inspiration page here.
Now it’s your turn! What’s your family’s favorite taco? Sound off in the comments below.