How to make No-Sew Fabric Flowers! You’ll love how easy it is to make how to make these darling fabric flowers without any sewing! All you need to make these easy fabric flowers is fabric, a bit of glue and a button.
No-Sew Fabric Flower Tutorial
I’ve been using these little no-sew fabric flowers in all sorts of projects lately. They are perfect for embellishing small projects and make an excellent gift topper. I used my fabric flowers as magnets for my DIY Magnet Board.
The first time I tried making a similar fabric flower, I sewed it. I thought the sewed version looked messier, so I played around with the design and came up with a new (easier) way to make a simple fabric flower embellishments that doesn’t require any sewing! (It was yo-yo flower I tried – I guess I just need more practice, lol.)
The best part about these easy flowers, other than the no sewing, is you can whip them out by the dozen, in just a few minutes.
All you need is fabric, a bit of glue (I used hot glue) and a few coordinating buttons. You create a circle template, make a few folds, and secure with glue. Top with a button and that’s it!
Different circles make different sized flowers and if you have a cutting machine, you could use that to cut out your circles and save even more time.
Want More Fabric Flower Tutorials?
You might also enjoy these DIY fabric flower tutorials:
- Easy Fabric Flower From old Flowers
- Simple 5-Inch Fabric Flower Tutorial
- Scrap Busting Fabric Flower (No Sew)
Are you ready to see how to make a few flowers for yourself?
Materials Needed to Make a No-Sew Fabric Flower:
- Fabric scraps
- Round object to trace
- Hot glue/glue gun (I use this cordless hot glue gun.) (Or other craft glue)
Instructions for a No-Sew Fabric Flower
1. Trace a circle on to the back of the fabric and cut the circle out.
2. Fold the circle into fourths and draw a little mark like what is shown below on all sides of the folded circle. This will make a little circle in the middle.
3. Add a little dab of glue on the line of the little circle you drew with the glue gun. Fold one of the edges over as shown.
4. Add glue and fold the other three sides up.
5. Add glue and fold over the four pointy corners, one at a time.
6. Add a little more glue, a pretty button and you’re done!
Try different size circles and bunch together for a cute look, or try stacking a small and large flower for a big impact.
More scrap busting Projects
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!