This yummy Taco Skillet recipe is a family favorite meal! Tex Mex flavors, ground beef, and cheese are always a delicious combination. Bonus, it’s a one-pot meal, on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Taco Skillet Recipe
This Taco Skillet Recipe is a favorite recipe of mine, my family just gobbles it up! It makes so much food, I usually get several meals out of it for my family of four.
The first night we just eat it as is with chips. And after that, I use the leftovers as a base for other meals. Things like filling for skillet enchiladas or enchilada casserole, burritos, or quesadillas.
I also love to package the taco skillet up for the freezer in small portions to have on hand for quick dinner options for the kids.
I am the type of cook who will take a recipe and just use whatever ingredients I have on hand. If you are the same, this is a wonderful “base” recipe to change up and use whatever you have on hand.
- Proteins: Any meat works: turkey, ground beef, or chicken.
- Rice: You can use any type of rice – white, brown, or even a box of Spanish or Mexican rice.
- Salsa: If you don’t have a jar of salsa you can use a can of petite diced tomatoes and a small can of diced green chilies plus a bit of cumin.
- Cheese: Use whatever cheese is your favorite, I personally love the Monterey/Colby Jack Blend for my Tex-Mex recipes.
- Toppings: Top with avocado lettuce, sour cream, extra cheese, jalapeno, cilantro, green onions, olives. If you like it, it will work in this recipe.
More simple dinner recipes:
- One Pot Spaghetti And Meatballs
- Green Chile Chicken Tacos
- Easy Meatball Calzones
- Slow Cooker 3 Ingredient Barbecue Pulled Pork Recipe
- Mini Meatloaf In A Muffin Tin Recipe
- Easy One Pot Meatball Stroganoff Recipe
This yummy Taco Skillet recipe is a family favorite meal! Tex Mex spices, ground beef, and cheese are a delicious combination. Bonus, it’s a one-pot meal, ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 cups of chopped/shredded/ground meat (I use whatever meat I have on hand already cooked. Turkey, beef, or chicken all work.)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 jar (16 oz) thick & chunky salsa (the original recipe called for 1 jar, but I am too cheap to use a whole jar, I just use 1/4 and it still tastes great)
- 1 can (11 oz) corn (mexi-corn works great))
- 2 cups cooked instant rice
- 3 cups (+/-) beans (black or pintos work well)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (divided – your favorite kind)
- optional for garnish: lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, diced avocado, green onions – whatever you like on your tacos or have in the fridge
- In a large skillet cook (or reheat) meat of choice.
- Stir in seasoning mix, rice, beans, salsa and corn, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve as is, with tortilla chips, or in a tortilla and top with your favorite garnishes