Taco Skillet: adapted from a recipe from Woman’s Day Magazine
- 2 cups of chopped/shredded/ground meat (I use whatever meat I have on hand already cooked. Turkey, beef or chicken all work.)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 jar (16 oz) thick & chunky salsa (the original recipe called for 1 jar, but I am too cheap to use a whole jar, I just use 1/4 and it still tastes great)
- 1 can (11 oz) Mexican-style corn (I use regular corn)
- 2 cups cooked instant brown rice
- 3 cups (+/-) black beans (pintos work well too)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (divided – your favorite kind)
- optional for garnish: lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, diced avocado, green onions – whatever you like on your tacos or have in the fridge
- Cook/heat up your meat of choice. Stir in seasoning mix, rice, beans, salsa and corn and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve as is, with tortilla chips, or in a tortilla and top with your favorite garnishes
If you like this recipe and want to see more, consider following my blog! That way you can keep up with all my latest posts! (and I would love to have you as a follower.) To follow, you can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: