Healthy Sloppy Joe Recipe- Your family will love this lightened up version of the family…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Earlier this week, I made my Taco Skillet recipe for dinner. I love making it, because there is a ton of leftovers and I can usually get at least 3 meals from it…
Last night I made potato nachos, using the last of the taco skillet leftovers. Wow, so good! Everyone thought it was great, but I think I’ll have to keep it off the menu till I finish my diet, way to hard to only eat one serving. I even made a separate dish for myself in hopes that would help me… Ha, it’s the thought that counts right?
I made these nachos using the leftover Taco Skillet and a little more shredded cheese. To prepare the potatoes I used:
- 1.5 lbs russet potatoes
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning blend’
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
- Place potatoes into a medium size bowl with the oil, garlic salt and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes or chunky salsa
- optional (1/4 cup corn, sliced black olives, sliced green onions, guacamole and sour cream
- Top the potatoes with the meat, beans, salsa and corn
- Bake for 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
- Serve with optional toppings.