On the weekends, hubby usually gets up before me and will brew coffee and usually cooks a big pan of scrambled eggs. He serves up the kids and leaves the mine in the pan for me to eat when I’m ready. (I like to think he does this for me, but I really think he just wakes up hungry.)
Occasionally, I’ll ask him to make an extra big batch of eggs so I can put together the egg and refried bean tacos the kids love so much for their breakfast and lunches throughout the week. (Making lunches at 6:30 in the morning is one of my least favorite activities, so it’s nice to have the pre-made wraps ready to go.)
Sometimes, I’ll even get a bit more creative with the scrambled eggs. We were in a hurry for dinner the other night, so I whipped together these Scrambled Egg Mini Pizzas with our leftovers. The kids loved them- they were fun to eat and very yummy! They’ll definitely be making another appearance on the menu very soon.
These Scrambled Egg Mini Pizza’s make a great breakfast and even better dinner, They’re easy, inexpensive and full of protein and other good stuff!
- 4 pieces of bread/tortilla/pita (I used a mini hamburger bun rolled flat)
- 4 scrambled eggs
- 4 strips of bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 Avocado mashed with salt and pepper (optional- 1 kid loved the avocado, the other didn’t)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Lightly toast bread till crisp
- Spread avocado on toast. (Skip this if you think your kids won’t like it- I make a couple with and a couple without to satisfy everyone
- Add bacon crumbles, eggs and top with cheese.
- Return to the oven and toast for about 5 to 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.