One thing to keep in mind is: the riper the avocado, the better. My avocados weren’t that ripe, so I had to add a bit of mayo to get to the desired creaminess. I saw pimentos when I was at the store and now I kind of wish I had bought them to put inside the olives, but no biggie- they’re still cute.
Monster Eyes Deviled Eggs
- 10 to 12 boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbs dill relish
- sliced black olives
- mayonnaise (optional- add 1 tsp at a time as needed to achieve optimum creaminess)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- red food coloring
- soft (brand new) paint brush
- Peel eggs and cut in half, lengthwise. Scoop out yolks.
- In a, bowl mash together egg yolks, avocado and lemon juice. (My avocados were not super ripe, I found I needed to use a food processor.
- If the egg and avocado mixture needs more creaminess, add 1 tsp of mayo at time to achieve desired creaminess
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a tiny bit of red food coloring to a spoon and using the paint brush, “paint” the red blood shot eyes onto the eggs.
- Spoon avocado mixture into eggs and top with a sliced black olive. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve and best if served within 6 hours.
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: