Rather than a cake this year, I made my hubby a couple of pies for his birthday. The first was a chocolate cream pie (which is one of his favorites) and this fabulous Lemon Cheesecake Pie. Ok, so the Lemon Cheesecake was really for me, but it was so yummy! Cheesecake is my ultimate favorite dessert and this one was sweet, lemony and creamy, with just a tiny bit of tartness- yum!
I’d planned on using a pre made graham cracker crust that I had in the pantry, but turns out, the pie crust was way out of date. I didn’t want to serve a pie with a stale crust, so I ended up just using the other refrigerated pie crust left over from the chocolate pie. I do prefer a graham cracker crust, so I’ll definitely use one next time…
The pie turned out so pretty and smooth with no cracks. I have absolutely no skill at piping whipped cream (did you see my puppy dog specials), so I just chose to spread a thin layer of whipped cream on top.
Lemon Cheesecake Pie
Ingredients: (recipe from Real Simple)
- 2 8 oz bars of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- your favorite 9 inch prebaked pie crust
- extra lemon for zesting
- In food processor, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and salt (everything except the zest and pie crust ) until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake at 325 until center is set but still slightly wobbly. (40 to 50 minutes.) To keep pie crust from burning, cover pie crust edges with foil. See how I covered my pie here.
- Let cool, then chill til firm (4 – 5 hours.)
- Before serving, top with thin layer of whipped cream and lemon zest
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to pin it!
One last bite?
Recommended products and/or products used in this post:
- Springform pan
- Glass 9.5 inch pie plate
- Hand Mixer
- Dolcetto Meyer Lemon Gourmet Wafer Rolls (ok, these weren’t used, but they are so yummy!)
- Lemon Curd
(if you’ve never made this, you have to try it!)
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: