Spring Break is around the corner, here is 25+ Ideas and boredom busters to Keep Kids Busy During Spring Break
25+ Ideas to Keep Kids Busy During Spring Break
Spring Break is just a few days away!! I know it’s been a few months, but it really seems like the time since Christmas Break has just flown by. Between the trip I just got back from and all our activities lately, the Spring Break holiday has completely snuck up on me.
Late March of last year, I was actually browsing travel sites trying to find some sort of trip we could do this year that wouldn’t break the bank. I was eying a five-day family cruise out of Houston, (Houston is not too far from us) but in the end, I couldn’t bring myself to book a trip a year in advance. And yes, now that Spring Break is upon us, I’m definitely a bit irritated at myself for not following through on that! If I wasn’t such a chicken about this kind of thing, we’d be cruising to Cozumel for Spring Break and it would have already been paid for!
Since it looks like we’re staying home this year, I need to get to work planning our activities for the week. My Hubby is a more laid back,-fly by the seat of his pants kind of guy, but I’m a planner and a list maker, so I definitely feel the need to get all our Spring Break Activities organized and planned out!
The most important rule for Spring Break Survival is to have a plan!
I’ve compiled a list of ideas to help make your Spring Break Fun and memorable. Choose your favorite activities and get ready for your week of sleeping in and fun! (Shout out to Smucker’s® for sponsoring this post!)
Spring Break Staycation Ideas and boredom busters:
1. Plan a morning adventure/ hike at a neighborhood park or lake and end w/ a picnic lunch.
2. Roast hot dogs and s’mores over a fire. (Weather not cooperating? Make s’mores on a stick!)
3. Visit the zoo or other local attractions.
4. Make DIY Playdough, silly putty or slime.
6. Go tadpole or wildflower hunting.
8. Have a cupcake decorating party.
9. Play with sidewalk chalk (nothing more fun than a game of sidewalk chalk twister)
10 Bake Alphabet cookies or yummy brownies.
11. Go on a scavenger hunt (There are some great free printables out there- just google “free scavenger hunt printable”.)
12. Build a Pillow Fort and spend an afternoon snuggled up with blankies and books!
14. Have an art day and make a list of items for kids to draw.
15. Go to the Library and bring home a few new books and movies.
16. Have a game night.
17. Visit a farmers market.
19. Go to the movies or have a movie night.
20. Make a paper sack Pinata (This was pretty much the most awesome craft ever!)
21. Go fishing or to an aquarium.
22. Make these hand-sewn felt clutches.
23. Go to a children’s museum or visit a fire station.
24. Go out for ice cream or meet up with friends at a restaurant with a playscape.
25. Play in the sprinklers (Weather permitting, lol!)
26. Make Ice Cream in a bag.
27. Camp in the backyard.
Do you have any ideas to share? Sound off in the comments below