These Oreo Rice Krispie Treats are made with the special Halloween Oreos and are perfect for a Fall or Halloween Treat. (Or maybe a fall festival bake sale?)
I was in charge of bringing a sweet treat to a get-together last week. Things have been a bit crazy around here and with everything going on I just wanted to make something easy. Rice Krispie Treats would be perfect. (Who doesn’t love Rice Krispie Treats?)
I had to run to the store to pick up the ingredients plus a few other miscellaneous items. I couldn’t help but notice all the Halloween items displayed at the front of the store and of course, zeroed right in on the black and orange Halloween Oreos. Yes! They were the perfect addition to turn my regular ol’ rice krispie treats into a festive Halloween treat!
Once I got home, I decided I need to sample the Oreos right away to make sure they were good. (Hey, you never know when you might get a bad batch of Oreos right?) Yum! The Halloween Oreos can almost be considered double stuffed.
I was slightly worried that the extra creamy filling might make the Oreos difficult to chop so I tossed them into the freezer to harden up the cream filling.
I really think this helped, I was afraid the filling would squish out the sides when I chopped them up, but freezing them for about 1.5 hours hardened them up and I was able to easily chop them into pieces.
Didn’t they turn out pretty? (I will make one recommendation: do not try to melt your marshmallows and butter in the microwave, it is nearly impossible to get the marshmallows to melt properly.)
Serve and enjoy!
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week! Print
These Oreo Rice Krispy Treats are made with the special Halloween Oreos and are perfect for a Fall or Halloween Treat. (Or maybe a fall festival bake sale?)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 to 15 Oreos, chopped (for easier chopping, place Oreos on the freezer for about 1.5 hrs.)
- Spray oil
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped Oreos and Rice Krispies cereal to large bowl, mix until combined.
- Coat a spatula with spray oil. Add marshmallow mixture to the Oreos and Rice Krispies. Stir until combined.
- Gently press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Keywords: treats, halloween, rice krispy treats