I was invited to try out one of the Recipe Mixes from McCormick. I already have a pantry full of McCormick’s spices and recipe mixes, but I took this as a challenge to try something new.
Seafood recipes are generally not on the top of my go-to recipe list. I grew up on an island, so when it comes to fish and shrimp, I tend to be super picky. (If the seafood’s not right off the boat, I’m often disappointed.) When buying the shrimp for this recipe, I followed the advice of the guy behind the seafood counter and was very pleased with the shrimp. (Thanks, seafood guy!)
One of the reviewers for this recipe suggested that the amount of butter and oil was too much, so I reduced them significantly. I think it turned out perfectly and listed the amounts I used below.
- 8 ounces linguine or other pasta
- 1 to 2 Tbs of olive oil (I used about 1.5ish, but if you like more oil, you can always add a bit more at the end when combining with the pasta.)
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 package of the Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet on medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add shrimp and Seasoning Mix; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Toss oil/butter/shrimp mixture with cooked pasta and lemon juice to coat well.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.