This garlic butter shrimp scampi Recipe is so quick and easy to make! Garlicky, buttery, lemony shrimp served over a bed of fettuccini pasta. What could be better?
We eat a lot of chicken around here. Don’t get me wrong, I love chicken, but sometimes my family wants something a little different. So the family is always happy when I serve this Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe.
Seafood recipes are generally not on the top of my go-to recipe list. I grew up on an island, so when it comes to fish and shrimp, I tend to be super picky. (If the seafood’s not right off the boat, I’m often disappointed.) When buying the shrimp for this recipe, I followed the advice of the guy behind the seafood counter and was very pleased with the shrimp. (Thanks, seafood guy!)
What exactly is shrimp Scampi
- 8 ounces linguine or other pasta
- 1 to 2 Tbs of olive oil (I used about 1.5ish, but if you like more oil, you can always add a bit more at the end when combining with the pasta.)
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 package of the Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet on medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add shrimp and Seasoning Mix; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Toss oil/butter/shrimp mixture with cooked pasta and lemon juice to coat well.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.