This garlic butter shrimp scampi Recipe is so quick and easy to make! Garlicky, buttery, lemony shrimp served over a bed of fettuccini pasta. What could be better?
We eat a lot of chicken around here. Don’t get me wrong, I love chicken, but sometimes my family wants something a little different. So the family is always happy when I serve this Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe.
Seafood recipes are generally not on the top of my go-to recipe list. I grew up on an island, so when it comes to fish and shrimp, I tend to be super picky. (If the seafood’s not right off the boat, I’m often disappointed.) When buying the shrimp for this recipe, I followed the advice of the guy behind the seafood counter and was very pleased with the shrimp. (Thanks, seafood guy!)
- ½ lb linguine pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Optional parsley and lemon slices for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once done, drain the pasta water (reserving about a cup of the cooking water) and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet with butter and oil on medium heat. Once the butter is melted add in the minced garlic and shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes until the shrimp starts to turn pink.
- Stir in the chicken broth, lemon juice along with the crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Let the sauce simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cooked linguine pasta to the skillet and toss with shrimp and sauce.
- Sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan cheese over pasta and shrimp.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley and serve the shrimp scampi while it is still warm.
- For more saucier pasta, add the reserved pasta cooking water about 1/4 cup at a time while the sauce is simmering
- Chicken broth can be replaced by white wine.
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.