Today, I’m sharing this Cacio e Pepe with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes recipe. The sweetness of the roasted cherry tomatoes really make this simple meatless pasta dish shine!
My kids are getting older, which means they’re becoming busier with after school activities and their own interests. My hubby often works around his customer’s schedule, so that means he frequently gets home after dinner. On the day’s he does plan to make it home in time for dinner, I try to have a hot meal ready so we can sit down together to share the table and connect as a family.
At our family mealtimes, it doesn’t matter what we eat. (Sometimes the simpler meals are the best.) Our favorites are Tex-mex and simple pasta dishes, like this Cacio e Pepe recipe. Don’t let the name fool you, Cacio e Pepe means cheese and pepper – and you can’t get much simpler than that. (The post is a sponsored by Barilla but the opinions are my own.)
Since the dish is meatless, I used the Protein Plus Pasta by Barilla to take the protein up a notch- perfect for #MeatlessMonday! Are you ready to give this easy pasta dish a try for you next family meal? You’ll love the simplicity and how all the flavors come together to create a meal any pasta lover would enjoy!
Cacio e Pepe with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 14.5 oz package of spaghetti pasta. (I used the Barilla Protein Plus – 10 grams of protein per serving)
- 3 tbs unsalted butter at room temp (If you forget to set out the butter, just warm it a bit in the microwave.)
- 2 tsp crushed black peppercorns (or more – I use quite a bit more…)
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of reserved pasta cooking water
Tip: I recommend grating the cheeses yourself or buying it freshly grated from your grocery store’s deli section if you can find it. Freshly grated tastes and melts better.
- Several handfuls of your favorite cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil, optional balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Combine until the tomatoes are coated.
- Cover a baking pan with aluminum foil and spread the tomatoes evenly on the pan.
- Roast 11 to 15 minutes until the tomato skins begin to blister and turn brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente, according to package directions.
- In a separate large bowl, combine butter, cheeses and crushed peppercorns.
- Once pasta is cooked, scoop out about 2 cups of the pasta cooking liquid with a measuring cup and then drain pasta.
- Add pasta and about 1 cup of the pasta water to the bowl with butter and cheese.
- Stir to combine until cheeses have melted. Add additional pasta water if necessary for a creamier consistency.
- Top with the roasted tomatoes, and if desired, more Parmesan cheese and pepper.
I love simple and most importantly, EASY dinner ideas. Leave a comment letting us know your favorite quick dinner idea. I’m sure everyone reading would love some new ideas!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla.