I love fajitas! What I don’t love is having to stand over a hot grill when it is 100 degrees outside to cook the fajitas. This delicious Oven Baked Fajita recipe is perfect for those days when it’s too hot, too rainy or too cold to grill!
I saw something about baked fajitas recently and the idea stuck with me. After googling “fajitas in the oven” and found that everyone was pretty much using the same recipe, I figured the fajitas must be good.
I had 5 pounds of chicken breasts in the freezer and decided to cook it all up as fajitas and portion the meat to freeze for future dinners.
The fajitas were fabulous and really very easy! My 7-year-old complimented the meal more than once and that says a lot…
I definitely recommend you try baking your fajita meat in the oven!
Oven Baked Fajitas:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
- 1 to 2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
1. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with oil, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers.
2. Sprinkle chicken and veggies with taco seasoning. Toss to coat.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
4. Serve on tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings.
Keywords: oven, fajitas, chicken