Pretty much the first thing out of my kid’s mouth when they get home from school is, “What’s for snack?”
We usually have fruit, yogurt or granola-type bars, but on occasion, I like to give them something special. (Especially on days my son comes home with no red marks from his teacher.)
They love frozen treats, so it make me very happy when I can give them a healthy snack, disguised as special treat! Like these new Outshine Fruit and Veggie bars from Dreyer’s. Have you seen them yet?
I love that I’ve found a yummy and healthy treat made with real fruit and vegetables- that I didn’t have to make myself! These bars do have a slightly less sweet flavor than the regular fruit bars, but my little guys loved them.
So, to answer your question, “Are outshine fruit and veggie bars healthy?”
I would say yes, they definitely fall on the healthy side when it comes to frozen treats. Maybe not quite as healthy as an actual handful of spinach and blueberries; or carrots and tangerines, but they make an excellent frozen treat!
What I like most about the Outshine Fruit and Veggie Bars:
- They’re made from a blend of real fruit and vegetable purees and juices- each bar contains at least 25% vegetables.
- They contain no high fructose corn syrup.
- The bars are just 35 to 60 calories each. (calories depend on the bar size and flavor.)
- They’re also Gluten-free-if that matters to you. (They aren’t made in a dedicated gluten-free facility, but the bars don’t contain any gluten ingredients.)
The Outshine Fruit and Veggie bars currently come in five flavors, including: Blueberry Medley, Tangerine Carrot, Apple and Greens, Peach Mango Medley and Strawberry Rhubarb.
Nobody says you have to choose just one favorite!
Thank you to Outshine Fruit & Veggie Bars for sending me these frozen treats to review!
Are you more of a DIY-er when it comes to treats? Be sure to check out all these homemade goodies:
- 10 Easy Snack Ideas for Kids
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Dip
- Peanut Butter Energy Bars
- One Minute Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- Healthy Banana and Oatmeal Cookies (no butter, sugar, flour or dairy)