Baked Mushrooms- a Light and Easy Side Dish
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bake your mushrooms for an awesomely delicious, light and easy side dish! This Baked Mushrooms recipe goes great with almost any main dish.
Hubby and I have been on a mission to add more veggies and less carb/bread products to our diet. To keep it interesting I’ve been experimenting with new ways to cook and serve our favorites. (I’ve still not made cauliflower “mashed potatoes” yet, but I’ll be testing that soon- we just keep eating the cauliflower before I have a chance to make it. I wonder if I can fool the kids with mashed cauliflower?) *Update: Well that was a no-go, lol. I could not fool the kids (or myself) with mashed cauliflower. Not even with a ton of butter, cream and crumbled bacon…
One of my favorite veggies is mushrooms. I especially love portobellos and the common button mushroom. Raw, sauteed, grilled or baked. They’re yummy prepared so many different ways. Today, I want to share my favorite way to prepare mushrooms for a side dish.
You’ll love how easy this recipe is. Just a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, baked in the oven and they are delicious! You can serve them on their own or use them as topping on pizza, pasta dishes or toss them into your morning eggs.
- 1 to 2 pounds button or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (be generous!)
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- Place mushrooms in large bowl. Add olive oil and salt and pepper to mushrooms. Gently toss to combine.
- Spread mushrooms on baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir mushrooms around. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley if desired.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it here:
Looking for a few more healthy food choices? (You can browse them all here– I have over 70 tagged healthy. )
These are just a couple of my faves, definitely check these out:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.
These look delicious!!