This S’mores Charcuterie Board is loaded with all the sweets and treats to create the best s’mores! This dessert charcuterie board has you covered; whether you prefer peanut butter, chocolate, or fruit with your s’mores, there is something for everyone!
Use this amazing Dessert Charcuterie Board as a way to create an epic weekend treat, a fun birthday party snack tray, or the perfect addition to an indoor campout where everyone can make the s’mores of their dreams.
S’mores charcuterie Board
Do you love s’mores? Do you love charcuterie boards? If so, then this dessert charcuterie board is for you!
It’s a s’mores-themed dessert charcuterie board that will thrill your guests! This simple dessert board only takes a few extra minutes to prep, and the oohs and aahs make it totally worth the extra time. The best part is that it can be tailored to your own taste.
This dessert board is sure to be a hit no matter how you make it. Enjoy every combination that you can think of, and then make them all again!
What is a dessert board?
It’s just like it sounds – a compilation of sweets and treats, typically on a serving board, cutting board, or platter for ease of serving.
Dessert charcuterie boards, including delightful variations like this s’mores charcuterie board, have emerged as the go-to dessert choice for any celebration! Just like traditional charcuterie boards that feature an assortment of meats and cheeses, these sweet-packed boards boast a wide array of tempting treats tailored to suit any gathering or theme. Get ready to make your next event unforgettable with a dessert charcuterie board – here’s why:
Why You’ll Love This S’mores Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Versatility: Whether it’s Christmas, Easter, or a birthday bash, these boards can be customized to cater to the ambiance and flavor preferences of any occasion.
- It’s fast and easy – Putting together this dessert board takes just minutes of time. Include a mixture of both homemade and store-bought treats like chocolates, macarons, fruits, and marshmallows – the choices are endless!
- Visual appeal: Impress your guests with a beautifully arranged array of sweets, creating an Instagram-worthy masterpiece.
- You can change the ingredients every time you make it – Don’t get stuck in a rut of flavor. Change it up. You can create a cohesive experience by matching your dessert charcuterie board to the theme of your event.
S’mores Board Ingredients + Notes
(Ingredients at a glance. Grab the full recipe at the bottom of the post.)
- Marshmallows | You can use oversized marshmallows or even flavored marshmallows, too.
- Chocolate Hershey bars | I like to add some white chocolate and dark chocolate as well.
- Cookie and Cream Hershey bars | Add some cookie flavor to your dessert board.
- Strawberries | Clean and slice the fresh strawberries to be ready to grab and eat. Fresh strawberries work best.
- Chocolate-covered graham crackers | Using crackers covered in chocolate saves the step of needing extra chocolate – unless you want extra chocolate.
- Graham crackers squares | These are what hold everything together!
- Peanut butter cups | You can also use just peanut butter, too.
- Anything else you can think of to make gourmet s’mores!
How To Make a Dessert Charcuterie Board
(scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe card)
1 Prepare the cutting board: Prepare using a large cutting board or charcuterie board of your choice. You can use tea lights to roast your marshmallows or you can prepare the board and use a fire pit afterward.
2 Add the ingredients: Strategically place the ingredients on your board for the best look. If using tea lights, you can place them on the board as well. Cut your graham crackers in half and your chocolate bars in half so they can make a perfect square. Then, slice your strawberries into thin slices.
3 Arrange the charcuterie board: You can arrange the ingredients however you want on the board. Make sure to spread them out so whoever is eating them can see the ingredients. Pile the mini Reese’s peanut butter cups on top of one another to add height to your board. Enjoy!
- Avoid overcrowding a ton of ingredients. You need to have just enough to use, and you can always add more later.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate squares are the perfect size for a graham cracker square.
- Add more fresh fruit, like apples, raspberries, blueberries, various bowls of dips, marshmallow fluff, or pretzels.
- Be creative with the chocolate by adding white chocolate bars, (I especially love the Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark,) caramel, Nutella, candy bars, and more.
- Instead of using graham crackers, use Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate graham crackers, or shortbread cookies.
No Campfire or fire pit?
S’mores are perfect for those cool evenings spent around the campfire or backyard fire pit. But don’t worry! If the weather is bad or you don’t have a campfire pit, you can have an indoor s’mores party using this fun Tabletop Electric S’mores Maker, baking the s’mores in the oven, or even tea light candles (just make sure they are unscented.)
Toasted marshmallows are delicious no matter how you make them!
Can I Make Any Substitutions?
Of course! You can make this board exactly how you want. You can add cookie butter, dark chocolate, or giant or mini marshmallows. There are endless possibilities.
Can I Double This Recipe?
This recipe, as written up in the recipe card, serves about 10 – 12 smores. You can double it for a bigger crowd or lower it for a romantic dessert for two.
How Far in Advance Can I Put this Dessert Board Together?
Preparing a dessert charcuterie board, like a s’mores charcuterie board, for a gathering can be done up to 24 hours in advance. To keep it fresh, tightly cover the board with plastic wrap and refrigerate. This will ensure your tasty treats are ready and delicious for your guests to enjoy.
Do I Have To Heat Up The S’mores Ingredients To Eat Them?
Nope, not at all. Classic smores are toasted over a campfire, but the beauty of a S’mores Charcuterie board is you can have your s’mores however you wish. If you want to make your s’more sandwich with graham crackers or other cookies, using marshmallow fluff and dipping them in a bowl of chocolate, it is completely up to the s’more maker!
Can You Melt S’mores In The Microwave?
Yes, you can! I get it if you don’t want to mess with actual fire. You can easily make the s’more sandwich and heat it up in the microwave.
It’s pretty cool to see because the marshmallows poof up hugely and then fall! (I actually do this quite frequently when we have the ingredients on hand, and I am looking for a quick sweet treat. lol.)
Fan of all things s’mores?
Be sure to check out this s’mores on a stick recipe (the perfect treat for school birthday treats, Golden Graham Rice Krispies Treats (tastes just like a S’more wrapped up in a yummy rice krispie treat or this s’mores bark.
More Summer Dessert Recipes
Did you make a S’mores Dessert Board?Print
This S’mores Charcuterie Board is loaded with all the ingredients needed to make the best s’mores. It’s a dessert charcuterie board perfect for summer!
For the Charcuterie Board:
- 5 ounces of Marshmallows
- 2 Chocolate hershey bars
- 2 Cookies and cream hershey bars
- 5–6 Strawberries thinly sliced
- 10 Chocolate covered graham crackers
- 12–14 Graham cracker squares
- 12 Mini peanut butter cups
- Tea lights or fire pit
- Cutting board or charcuterie board
- Prepare using a large cutting board or charcuterie board of your choice. You can use tea lights to roast your marshmallows or you can prepare the board and use a fire pit afterwards.
- To arrange your board, strategically place the ingredients on your board. If using tea lights you can place them on the board as well. Cut your graham crackers in half and your Hershey bars in half so they can make a perfect square. Then slice your strawberries into thin slices.
- You can arrange the ingredients however you want on the board. Make sure to spread them out, so whoever is eating them can see the ingredients. Pile the mini peanut butter cups on top of one another to add height to your board. Enjoy!
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.