This Three Cheese Tortellini Bake makes a quick, easy and filling weeknight meal that everyone will love!
School starts on Monday and we’ve got a very busy schedule this fall. I have my son in an after school martial arts enrichment program again this year. (This is on top of scouts and sports for both kids.) His pick up time for the program is anytime between 5 and 6 o’clock.
While the program is great, the pick up time has really thrown a wrench in my dinner prep routine- I’ve always started dinner around 5ish and had it on the table at around 6:00. Since I’m gone from the house during the time I normally prepare dinner, I’ve had to come up with a few new dinner ideas that I can get on the table in about 30 minutes. Lately we’ve been on a bit of a tortellini kick. (Probably has something to do with the fact I have a couple of huge bags of tortellini in the freezer…)
One of our family’s favorite meal is this Three Cheese Tortellini Bake. It’s always a hit with the kids- even my picky eater!
Three Cheese Tortellini Bake
- 1 cup sliced baby bella or button mushrooms
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs butter or olive oil
- 1 cup baby spinach torn into small pieces (optional)
- 1 24 oz jar of Pasta Sauce
- 1 large bag of frozen tortellini (20 or more oz)
- 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat oil or butter in a large skillet over med high heat. Saute mushrooms for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute another 3 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce to skillet and continue cooking until sauce is hot.
- Meanwhile, spread frozen tortellini in a large baking dish. Layer torn spinach over tortellini and spoon ricotta cheese on top.
- Spread pasta sauce over tortellini and cheese layer.
- Top pasta sauce with shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more quick meal ideas? Check these out: