I don't know why, but I sometimes have a hard time getting my kids to eat potatoes. I didn't have that problem with these, the chips were awesome and we all gobbled them up. I was very surprised how crispy they turned out in the microwave.
Microwave Potato Chips (adapted from Eating Well Magazine)
- 3 to 4 baking potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Slice potatoes into 1/8-inch rounds. I used my Pampered Chef Mandolin. (The mandolin really scares me, I always use the safety tool, but I am very afraid of slicing my finger.)
2. Put the potato slices in a large bowl and toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Coat a microwave safe plate very well with olive oil. (The potatoes will stick to the plate)
4. Arrange the potatoes so they don't overlap. (Next time I make these, I'm going to skip the plate and just put them directly on the microwave glass platter, that way I can make more at once.)
5. Cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the potatoes, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until the potatoes start to turn golden in color. (Keep you eye on the 1st batch, as you will need less time for thinner potatoes.)
6. The potato chips will crisp up more as they cool.
If you like this kind of recipe, you might want to follow along. (I would love to have you as a follower!) You can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed on this page.