Ever since I stumbled across this weight loss study that looked at eggs versus carbs for breakfast, I've been trying to kick my morning cereal habit and eat more eggs. (Basically the study says that after 8 weeks of eating eggs vrs bagels the egg eating diet group had 61% greater reduction in BMI, 65% more weight loss, 34% greater reduction in waist circumference and 16% greater reduction in body fat.)
In honor of National Egg month, I wanted to share one of my favorite quick breakfasts with you: a Two Minute Omelette in a Mug.
Pin it here ==>>
Seriously, this recipe really only takes 2 to 3 minutes to put together, and the best part is that it is very flexible based on what you have in your fridge...
2 Minute Omelette in a Mug
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of meat, diced (I used ham in todays omelette, but I sometimes use a frozen turkey sausage link)
- 1 Tbsp of salsa
- 1 Tbsp shredded cheese
- olive oil or cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Coat your mug with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add eggs to mug and whisk together with a fork
- Add diced meat, salsa, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk till all ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Stir and break up any large chunks of egg.
- Cook for another 45 to 60 seconds or until eggs are set.
- Top with a bit more cheese, salt and pepper
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
( I am a brand ambassador for Davidson's Safest Choice® and a member of their Darling Dozen. This post is sponsored but all opinions are 100% my own.)