In honor of National Egg month, I wanted to share one of my favorite quick breakfasts with you: a Two Minute Omelette in a Mug.
I’m so happy to have found the pasteurized in the shell eggs from Davidson’s Safest Choice. (Their eggs are pasteurized using a warm water bath that kills bacteria and viruses and eliminates the threat of Salmonella in the eggs, plus they stay fresh longer.) If you’d like to try these eggs too, here’s a link to a store locator and coupon.
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of meat, diced (I used ham in todays omelette, but I sometimes use a frozen turkey sausage link)
- 1 Tbsp of salsa
- 1 Tbsp shredded cheese
- olive oil or cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Coat your mug with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add eggs to mug and whisk together with a fork
- Add diced meat, salsa, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk till all ingredients are completely mixed together.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Stir and break up any large chunks of egg.
- Cook for another 45 to 60 seconds or until eggs are set.
- Top with a bit more cheese, salt and pepper
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_enable_interest_ads = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “scathoofacram-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “auto”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “f07034a65e35df5cdfc4973de29a9cda”;
amzn_assoc_emphasize_categories = “16310101,284507”;
amzn_assoc_rows = “1”;