It’s secret Recipe Club reveal day! This month, my assigned blog is It’s Yummy to my Tummy. Heather’s blog is packed full of family friendly recipes and I found quite a few that were just my style. You definitely need to visit her blog for a few new recipes.
I reduced the amount of sugar since the strawberries were so sweet and added lemon juice. (Lemon juice is naturally high in pectin and will help the jam set.)
Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe with no pectin
- 16 oz strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, mix strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Stir over med-low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to med-high and bring mixture to a rolling boil.
- Stir frequently mashing the strawberries as you stir, continuing to boil, until jam is thickened and bubbles completely cover the surface of the jam. (about 10 minutes.)
- Transfer jam to a jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Seal jars and store in refrigerator for about 10 days (or freeze)
Makes about 1 3/4 cups
Additional tips: If you have a candy thermometer, when the jam reaches 215 F, it’s ready.
If you want a less chunky jam, you can process fruit in a food processor before cooking or use an immersion blender while fruit cooks.
Enjoy! What are some of your favorite uses for jam?
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: