This super easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe is a great way cool off this summer and enjoy a healthy treat!
I love yogurt and use it all the time in smoothies, baking and other miscellaneous recipes. I also use it as a replacement for sour cream when in a pinch. (I eat a big salad daily and make my own dressing with salsa, avocado and sour cream- yogurt is a great substitute, though it’s slightly more tart.)
Most often I buy greek full fat yogurt in big tubs, so I always have plenty and love using it in different ways (like this yogurt tart– yummy!)
Last summer, I broke down and bought a new ice cream maker. Before this machine, we used the kind that required ice and rock salt. Can I just say this little cuisinart ice cream maker is the most awesome thing ever! I can now make ice cream or frozen yogurt in 25ish minutes with no mess or fuss!
I bake sweet treats quite often for the family and I am usually able to resist these treats because I know I can whip up a batch of sugar free ice cream just for me in no time flat! (I have great no cook sugar free recipe I’ll share at some point…)
But today is all about this strawberry frozen yogurt. (Made from strawberries we picked ourselves.) It was just so creamy, fresh tasting and delicious! Don’t be afraid of full fat yogurt.
Products used and recommended in this post:
- Most awesome ice cream scoop ever
- Nutri ninja (Perfect for small blending jobs and smoothies)
- Cuisinart ice cream maker (just looked it up and it is on sale!)
- Easy Scoop Ice cream tub for freezer.
Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 32 oz greek whole milk yogurt (You can use any type of yogurt, you will just need to adjust the sugar to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tbsp of your favorite sweetener (Depending on the yogurt you use you may need more or less- just give it a taste)
- 2 tbsp vanilla (omit if using vanilla yogurt)
- 1 cup strawberries (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- Combine yogurt, milk, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1/2 cup of yogurt mixture and half strawberries. Process till smooth.
- Add strawberry mixture to yogurt, mix together til thoroughly combined.
- Add yogurt to ice cream machine (following the directions of your ice cream machine) process to desired consistency.
- Just before ice cream is done, dice the remaining strawberries and add to machine.
- Serve immediately as soft serve or transfer to a freezer container and place in freezer to harden at least an hour.
- If after freezing, ice cream is too hard to scoop, let it sit o the counter for about 5 to 10 minutes and try again. (If you can wait that long! We generally eat ours immediately, but for these photos I let the ice cream harden a few hours.)
Here is the frozen yogurt right before I scooped it out of the machine- begging to be eaten right away, but it would have been impossible to photograph before it melted!
Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
You might also like: