Low on time, but want to eat healthier? Here are three quick and easy meal ideas using frozen chicken and veggies (plus a few other fresh ingredients) that will help you create a delicious lunch or dinner in five minutes flat!
This post is sponsored by Personal Trainer Food, but all opinions are my own.
I’ve been struggling to keep up with my healthy eating plan lately.
Some of the struggle is due to willpower, which is all on me. But hey, it can be hard to be around treats and not indulge!
Other reasons include lack of planning, limited variety and often, I wait too long to eat, and then I am starving and will just eat whatever is in the fridge – low carb/ sugar-free or not!
I recently found Personal Trainer Food. It’s a healthy meal plan subscription service that makes it so easy to stay on track. They deliver delicious pre-cooked and flash frozen meals right to your door. I love that the meals are single serving, so I always have a delicious meal in the freezer that can be ready to eat in about 3 minutes.
These meals are actually fairly tasty (I definitely have my faves) and when you can get a good coupon code, they are a pretty good deal price-wise.
I definitely have a few favorites – like the Dill Bites, Teriyaki Chicken, Meatballs and the Maple Sausage – yum! And when I order, I include several different cuts of chicken as the pre-portioned chicken is easy to use in some of my favorite quick meals, which I am sharing with you today!
Quick Meal Ideas using Frozen Chicken:
Note: these single serve healthy meal ideas work with just about an frozen meats and veggies, I just really enjoy the grab and go pre-portioned sizes from PTF.
Easy Stir Fry:
- 1 Personal Trainer Food Rotisserie Chicken breast, thawed and cut into strips
- 2 bags of your favorite Personal Trainer Food veggie blends
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger
- squirt of Sriracha
- Mix the Soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and sriracha together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Coat a frying pan with sesame oil and toss the rest of the ingredients into the pan, stirring around about 4 minutes or so or until everything is heated up. Add sauce mixture to the pan and stir till all ingredients are coated. Enjoy!
Chicken and Avocado Spinach Salad
- 1 package of the Personal Trainer Food Chicken, Diced
- 2 cups raw spinach (I like to use a spinach/kale blend
- 1 boiled egg sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Toss all the ingredients into a bowl or plate.
- Smoosh the avocado and egg together and coat all of the greens. It’s delicious, I promise!!
Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 package of Personal Trainer Food Fajita Chicken
- 3 Romaine or Bibb Lettuce Leaves
- Your favorite taco toppings (I used a bit of red onion, tomato, cheese and cilantro)
- Place the chicken inside the lettuce leaves, top with your toppings and enjoy!
A few more Healthy Dinner Ideas:
- Meatless Chili Recipe
- Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Chicken and Veggie Soup
- Egg Salad Recipe (w/ a kick of flavor!)
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.