Once you make this Easy Blueberry Dump Cake recipe, you’ll understand why I say it is the most delicious Blueberry Dump Cake ever!
We had a family gathering at our house this weekend for the fourth. It was a super busy day, starting out with a children’s parade and neighborhood party, complete with bounce houses, water slides and fishing and we grilled a huge meal. We then ended the day with the city firework show.
Homemade ice cream was on the menu for our dessert, but by the time we needed to get the ice cream going, we were too pooped to go to the trouble of making the ice cream from scratch. Luckily, I had already bought the ingredients for this easy blueberry dump cake recipe last month and just hadn’t gotten around to making it. (I even had store-bought vanilla ice cream on hand for something I’m doing with the kids this week.)
What is a Dump Cake:
A dump cake can be made with a variety of ingredients, but most recipes are made with a boxed cake mix and some sort of pie filling, plus butter. The basic concept is, you “dump” a few ingredients into a pot or casserole dish, bake it in the oven and the ingredients transform into a scrumptious dessert.
I make a cherry dump cake all the time, and it’s delicious too, but I think I like the blueberry version best. (The cherry version is made the same way as this blueberry dump cake, but with cherry pie filling instead of blueberry.)
If you’ve never had a dump cake before, you’re in for a treat. They are super simple to make with hardly any prep time and they taste decadently delicious!
Are these picture making you drool just a little? I won’t keep you in suspense any longer…
Blueberry Dump Cake
Items used and recommended in this post:
- Blueberry Pie Filling and Topping
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Pyrex Basics Glass Baking Dishes
- 17-Inch Terry Cloth Oven Mitt (Heat Resistant to 600° F)
- Spoon-Shaped Spatula
- CorningWare Bakeware Set, White
The Most Delicious Blueberry Dump Cake Ever
Once you make this Easy Blueberry Dump Cake recipe, you’ll understand why it’s called the most delicious Blueberry Dump Cake ever!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 50
- Yield: 12 -ish servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 21 oz can of blueberry pie filling
- 1 large (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut (optional)
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread the can of blueberry pie filling at the bottom of a 9.5 x 13 cake pan/pyrex dish (or similar size-but no bigger.)
- Spread crushed pineapple over pie filling and top with shredded coconut and 3/4 of the fresh blueberries.
- Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the fruit.
- Melt 3/4 of the butter stick and drizzle over the cake mix.
- Thinly slice the rest of the butter stick and randomly place the sliced butter pieces on any dry cake mix still showing.
- Sprinkle the rest of the fresh blueberries on top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake topping is golden brown.
Check out the video below to see how easy this cake is to make!
Nutrition calculated on 12 servings, no ice cream.
- Serving Size: 1/12 cake
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 44
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 63
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2
Keywords: blueberry, dump cake dessert
Still hungry? You might also enjoy these easy desserts: