I have a super easy and diet-friendly Chicken Pot Pie recipe to share today. (Well, it’s only diet-friendly if you can limit yourself to one serving… Haha, that is the hard part right?)
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie (Lightened up)
This Chicken Pot Pie is so easy, it’s made with Bisquick and leftover chicken.
When I made this dish, I actually used the rest of my leftover Christmas turkey. Turkey pot pie is very tasty as well!
I am usually pretty stingy with the amount of meat I use in my casseroles and skillets, but I wanted to polish off the leftovers and used what was left, which was a generous amount of turkey.
This recipe is very flexible, so use more meat, fewer veggies, or more veggies, less meat, it’s good either way…
- 1–1/2 to 2 -1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 1– 1/2 to 2- 1/2 cups pre-cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves (I used sage, but I bet poultry seasoning would be fine too.)
- 1 can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Celery soup
- 1 1/2 cup Heart Healthy Bisquick mix
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 cup of reduced fat shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8 casserole dish. In a separate bowl, combine chicken, vegetables and soup and thyme/spices.
- Pour the chicken mixture into a casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine Bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour over the top of the chicken mixture in the casserole. Bake for about 30 min, or until crust is golden.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of casserole and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.