This post, Easy Monster Cupcakes is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
With Halloween just around the corner, it’s time to get baking! These adorable Monster Cupcakes are a snap to make and are perfect for any Halloween themed occasion!
My daughter has a couple of obsessions right now.
The first obsession is cats. (Did you see the free kitty face template I shared last week?) She loves drawing pictures and cartoons of superhero cats and is always scavenging in my craft room for various fabric scraps to create clothing for all her stuffed kitties. Whenever I ask about what she did and who she played with at recess, it is almost always some variation of a cat-themed game. (So I know she is not the only little girl obsessed with kittens, lol.)
Obsession number two is cupcakes! Not only does she love eating cupcakes. (Who doesn’t?) But she is also completely obsessed with baking and decorating cupcakes! (And yes, Cupcake Wars is her favorite TV show!)
With the start of school and the ridiculous amount of homework that the 4th graders at our elementary school are expected to do, we haven’t had a lot of free time to spend together in the kitchen. (I guess me letting her press the microwave buttons for dinner isn’t cutting it, lol!)
We had an early release day last week which was the perfect opportunity for us to do a bit of baking!
I like to keep things as easy as can be, so we grabbed the Pillsbury Funfetti® Halloween Cake Mix and the Funfetti® Halloween Frosting for our cupcakes. I love that cake mix comes with the Funfetti® already mixed in, and the frosting color and sprinkles are perfect for Halloween.
Want more Halloween treat ideas? Check out the Pillsbury™ Halloween Pinterest Board here.
Right next to the cake mixes and frosting were all sorts of Halloween themed cupcake decorations. We found candy monster eyes, Halloween-themed cupcake wrappers, printed toothpick toppers and other fun edible decorations. I grabbed a selection so we could bake up and decorate a variety of Halloween themed cupcakes. (If you like cupcake wrappers, be sure to check out these printable Halloween Cupcake Wrappers I posted last year.)
My Missy had a blast with the sprinkles and candy toppers:
And we really had fun putting together these adorable Monster Cupcakes!!
Check out how easy the Monster Cupcakes are to make:
You will need:
- 1 Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Halloween Cake Mix
- 1 Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Halloween Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 Pillsbury™ White Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Ingredients needed to bake cupcakes
- cupcake wrappers
- purple food coloring
- candy eyes
- mini marshmallows
1. Bake cupcakes according to package directions and let cool.
2. Mix white frosting with purple food coloring until desired shade of purple is achieved.
3. Frost half the cupcakes with orange Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Halloween Vanilla Flavored Frosting and the other half with the purple Pillsbury™ Vanilla Flavored Frosting.
4. Add a dab of frosting to the flat side of a mini marshmallow.
5. Press a candy eye into the dab of frosting.
6. Stick a toothpick into the marshmallow:
7. Push the toothpick into the top of a frosted cupcake. Repeat for the 2nd eye. (Unless you want a one-eyed monster!)
How easy was that? So cute and perfect for any Halloween themed occasion or anytime you want to #mixupamoment!
Want to try these too? You’ll find the Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Halloween line in the Bake Center at Walmart!
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: