Add these yummy Killer Pumpkin Banana Cookies to your Halloween treat lineup and not only will your guests ooh and ahh over these easy to make Halloween Cookies, they will gobble them up!
There’s just something about a themed treat that I love. I remember last Halloween, seeing a bunch of cool looking cupcakes and treats made with these little candy knives and bloody axes. So, when I spotted a package of these candy butcher knives at the grocery store, I scooped one up along with some red gel to make my own version of a “Killer” Halloween cookie.
These Pumpkin Banana Cookies are super easy to put together since they are made with a box of Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread Mix. The addition of a mashed banana gave the cookies an extra little pop of sweetness that really went well with the pumpkin spice flavors.
The pumpkin cookies are soft on the inside and taste just like a slice of pumpkin bread! They’re good as is, but I added a thick layer of my favorite cream cheese frosting that absolutely put them over the top taste-wise. (Vanilla would be good too if you are not a fan of cream cheese frosting.)
The kids loved how the treats looked and my missy even went so far as to make a box and put in two of her cookies to take to her teachers. (My son didn’t want to share and ate all his allotted cookies, lol.)
I regret only buying one box of these candy knives, but we made do with sprinkles for the rest of the cookies. (You just can’t go wrong with icing and sprinkles!)
Other Halloween Themed Treats you might enjoy:
- Easy Monster Cupcakes for Halloween
- Easy Graveyard Pudding Cups
- Spooky Monster Eyes Deviled Eggs for Halloween
- Five Halloween Themed Foods
- Halloween Cupcake Wrappers (free printable)
“Killer” Pumpkin Banana Cookies
Need an easy Halloween Cookie idea? These Killer Pumpkin Banana Cookies are perfect for you Halloween Party!
- Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 package of Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread Mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana (about one large banana)
- Your favorite frosting (I used cream cheese, but vanilla would be yummy too)
- Red decorator gel
- Candy knives (I found my little meat cleavers at either Walmart or Safeway)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, stir together bread mix, egg, butter and banana until everything is combined and a dough forms.
- scoop a tablespoon size of dough and roll into a ball, place two inches apart on the cookie sheet. Use a spatula to flatten cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10 minute or until the centers look set. (Don’t overcook the cookies – they will dry out fast.)
- Remove cookies from pan and let cool.
- Thickly frost with your favorite frosting, add red gel to the cookie and place a candy knife in the center.