These Pumpkin Pie Cake Bars are so easy to make! They’re moist, delicious cake bars, filled with pumpkin pie flavors and are a perfectly easy sweet treat for fall.
I took a quick peek in my pantry on Friday and I counted 6, yep 6 cans of pumpkin pie filling and pumpkin puree! I had bought a few more cans on a whim at the store the other day, not realizing I already had 3 cans leftover from last year. (Just one more reason why I love online grocery ordering/pickup… It helps me avoid duplicating items I already have and all those “on a whim” purchases!)
With all that pumpkin on hand, I figured I better get busy and bake somethin’ with pumpkin!
Sunday is my favorite day to bake goodies. We eat what we want and then on Monday morning, I’ll send the leftovers with my hubby to his office. (By about 3:30 in the afternoon, I’m usually regretting that decision to get rid of the leftovers, but it’s really better for everyone that way, lol.)
This recipe for Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake bars was a hit with everyone!
These Pumpkin Pie Bars are amazing!
They’re moist, delicious and so easy to make – such a fabulous sweet treat for fall.
Just the scent of the cake bars baking in the oven was pretty much driving the kids wild and I was having trouble keeping them from opening the oven every 5 minutes. (Even better, the smell of pumpkin and cake baking enabled me to squeeze a few extra whine-free chores out of the kids. They had to earn that cake, lol!)
If you haven’t made the “seasonal switch” to all things pumpkin yet, you really have to do it with this recipe! It’s one you’ll want to make over and over to share with family and friends.
Getting in the mood for pumpkin?
Here are a few more pumpkin recipes you might like:
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Shake
- Low Carb Pumpkin Granola (no sugar/no oats)
Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake Bars Recipe
These Pumpkin Pie Cake Bars are so easy to make! They’re moist, delicious cake bars that are a perfectly easy sweet treat for fall.
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin then gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- In another large bowl, cut the butter cubes and cake mix together with a pastry cutter (or 2 butter knives or your fingers) until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- Grease a 13×9″ baking dish, dump in the remaining cake mix/butter mixture into the bottom of the baking dish at press it down with the bottom of a measuring cup (or your fingers) to pack it together over the entire bottom pan and slightly up the sides.
- Drop spoonfuls of the pie filling over the crust and carefully spread it as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle the reserved cup of the crust mixture over the pie filling and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely, and chill for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.