Pumpkin, unsweetened coconut flakes and nuts are combined with pumpkin pie spice in this deliciously healthy Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Granola Recipe! It’s perfect on its own as a snack, but even better sprinkled over yogurt!
If you are sticking to a lower carb / no sugar eating plan, you know it can be a bit challenging to find quick and easy snacks. My go-to’s are boiled eggs, cheese, celery, quest bars (though I try to limit these), protein berry smoothies, the occasional cup of greek yogurt and nuts. (See a few of my other favorite low carb recipes here.)
Since I try to keep my carb intake under a certain level, I do limit my fruit intake, (Strawberries and raspberries have the least amount of net carbs, btw.) but I always look forward to the fall…
Why? Pumpkin everything of course! Pure pumpkin puree is full of good stuff and bonus – it has about 4 net carbs per half cup! (Carb count varies by brand.)
Pumpkin in my yogurt, pumpkin in my smoothies and yes- pumpkin in my “granola”!
I always loved granola and yogurt, but to keep myself on plan, I have to make my own grain-free and sugar-free version of granola. Technically, I probably shouldn’t refer to this as grain free granola as it contains flax. The debate is still going strong online. Is flax a seed or grain? I’ve even seen it classified as a herb? Personally, I don’t care what it’s classification is, as flax is full of Omega-3 essential fatty acids, protein and fiber and has zero net carbs!
Can I just say the addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice pt this delicious low carb granola, puts this snack over the top! It’s delicious on its own or sprinkled over yogurt.
This recipe makes a huge batch, but I like to double it so I have a good amount on hand. It keeps wonderfully in an airtight container in the fridge.
Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Granola Recipe (low carb)
Pumpkin puree, dried unsweetened coconut flakes and nuts are combined with pumpkin pie spice in this deliciously healthy Low Carb and Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Granola Recipe!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 4 to 5 cups 1x
- 2 cups unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 2 cups total of your favorite natural/unroasted/unsalted nuts (I used pecans, almonds and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup natural/unroasted/unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of your favorite sweetener (I like Swerve)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
1.Preheat oven to 350.
2.Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Line jellyroll pan or large cookie sheet w/ lip with a sheet of parchment paper. (If you don’t have parchment paper- I don’t think this is 100% necessary, but it sure makes for easy clean up!)
4. Spread mixture evenly in pan.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, turning/ stirring mixture every 5 minutes.
7. Reduce oven temp to 325 and bake another 5 to 10 minutes, continuing to turn/ stir mixture every 5 minutes, until nuts are toasted and mostly dry. As you get closer to the end of the cooking time, watch carefully to ensure nuts do not burn.
Keywords: pumpkin. low carb, granola