This easy and delicious Mango Sorbet Recipe is made using a blender and just might be your new favorite summer dessert! It’s so easy to make and the best part is, there is no ice cream maker needed to make this mango sorbet.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Mango Sorbet
Mangoes rank pretty high on my favorite fruit list. Every time I go to the warehouse/club store, I always grab a big container of the pre-cut mangoes. (Only from the warehouse store though, the regular grocery store prices pre-cut mangoes like they’re rare gemstones, lol.)
I will admit though, mangoes eaten on the beach in Mexico somehow taste 10 times better than mangoes eaten here… Not exactly sure why though, any thoughts on that? 😉
Ok, back to the point of this post, this super easy Mango Sorbet Recipe!
The good thing about buying the huge pack of mangoes, is that I don’t have to hide or ration them and can get creative on how to use them up.
Doesn’t the sorbet look delicious?
How to make this easy Mango Sorbet Recipe:
The key to this recipe is a good blender or food processor that is powerful enough to puree the mangoes and ice.
In addition to the mangoes, you will also need ice, sugar and a bit of lime juice. Plus an optional tablespoon or 2 of liquor. Adding liquor to your mango sorbet will help keep it from freezing too hard. Personally, I leave the liquor out of course, since I am serving children.
Why is my Sorbet so hard to scoop?
I fell asleep on the couch and ended up leaving the mango sorbet in the fridge for about 16 hours. When I got it out, it was rock hard and I could not scoop it. Uh oh… I thought I would have to change this post to mango granita instead, but I immediately started googling, “why is my sorbet hard” and how to fix it.
The recommendation was to let the sorbet “rest” in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then scoop it out. Surprisingly, that worked perfectly! Another tip I saw, was to add a tablespoon or so of liquor to the sorbet before freezing. I may or may not try that next time, I guess it will depend on who I am serving it too…
Easy Mango Sorbet in the blender:
The kids thought I was supermom after making this, and it really was easy. If you have a blender and love mangoes, this is definitely a recipe you should try!
Similar recipes you might enjoy:
- Homemade Cherry Limeade Sorbet
- 2 Ingredient Peach Sherbet Recipe
- Summer Berry Frozen Yogurt Bars
- 10 Smoothie Ideas under 150 calories
- Mango Margarita Recipe
- Mango Peach Moscato Cocktail
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
This easy and delicious Mango Sorbet is made in the blender and just might be your new favorite summer dessert!
- 4 cups diced fresh mangoes
- 1 tsp lime juice or vanilla- whichever you prefer, but don’t use both!
- 1 cup sugar (this can be adjusted based on your taste and the sweetness of the mangos- start with half the amount and just give it a taste.)
- 3 cups ice
- Place ingredients in blender in the order listed.
- Turn the machine on and slowly increase the speed to high and blend until smooth. (Hopefully about 30 seconds.)
- At this point, you can serve immediately as soft serve sorbet or you can spread the sorbet in a shallow dish and freeze for a few hours to harden up a bit.
- Serving Size: 1/5th recipe
- Calories: 234
Keywords: mango, sorbet, frozen treat