Do your family love Asian flavored foods as much as mine? Forget take out, this slow cooker Chicken Teriyaki Recipe can’t be beat!!
I’ve been on the hunt for a better tasting easy Chicken Teriyaki recipe (the 1st one I tried wasn’t the greatest.) This recipe certainly did the trick! It was excellent and got the thumbs up from the entire family, including my picky 7 year old.
What I liked most was that I was able to prepare almost the entire dish in the crock pot. (Once the chicken is cooked, you will need to thicken the sauce on the stove top.)
I won’t keep you in suspense any longer (wink)… Here’s the recipe:
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 3 to 4 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Cooked rice (Whatever type you like, I used brown rice.)
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. (Wow, who knew there is so much fat in chicken thighs! Now I know why they taste so good. This is another reason I need a fat separator, I just used a spoon to skim the fat…)
- Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, then gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened.
- To serve, top rice with chicken and cover with the Teriyaki Sauce.
If you enjoy cooking in your crock pot, you might also like these recipes:
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: