Today, I’m sharing this yummy, no pectin, Peach Jam Recipe!
My parents came for a visit over the 4th of July and as always, we enjoyed way too much barbecue and homemade desserts. My Dad likes to drive “the back way” when they come to visit to avoid all the Austin traffic. The back route takes him through Fredericksburg, TX (famous for their peaches.) Of course, he stopped and bought a bunch of freshly picked and perfectly ripe peaches. He peeled them that night and the next day we had peach ice cream with peach sauce and peach cobbler the day after. Yum!
After a few days, the leftover peeled peaches needed to be used asap! So I tossed them in a saucepan and whipped up this quick and easy peach jam.
My sweet lil missy especially loves this jam (she’s a peach fan) and has been eating peach and DIY whipped cream cheese sandwiches all week! (Have you ever whipped your own cream cheese? It’s so good! I’ve got a great recipe here.)
Our peaches were super ripe and very sweet, so I was definitely able to get away with less sugar. If your peaches are the same, I recommend starting out with a bit less sugar and giving the peaches a little taste test, and add more if needed.
Homemade Peach Jam (no pectin recipe)
- 3 1/2 pounds peaches (1 lb = 3 to 4 medium peaches), peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 cups sugar (remember, you can start with less sugar and add more if needed)
- Juice from one lemon (Lemon juice is naturally high in pectin and will help the jam set.)
- Add peaches and lemon juice to medium sauce pan. Bring to boil over med high heat, using a spatula or masher to crush peaches to desired consistency.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add sugar. Bring peaches back to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Continue to boil and stir, until peaches reduce and reach desired consistency. (Anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes – jam should stick to spoon when lifted and turned sideways.)
Enjoy! (We sure did.)
Looking for more summer fruit recipes? Be sure to check these out: