Love Apple Pie? Then you will love this Apple Pie Smoothie recipe! This lightened up smoothie version of apple pie will give you all of the flavors of apple pie, but without all the calories!
Who doesn’t love a good smoothie? Especially when the smoothie tastes like apple pie.
Mm-mm… This Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe is lightened up and hard to resist! It’s definitively a must make smoothie recipe.Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Apple Pie Smoothies are the Perfect Fall Smoothie!
I frequently make smoothies for myself or for my kids as an after school snack. Even though it is still quite warm out, we are craving fall flavors.
This Apple Pie Smoothie is the perfect marriage of a the classic fall apple pie and a protein shake. (The extra scoop of vanilla protein powder is optional- the smoothies is super tasty whether you want that extra shot of protein or not in your smoothie.
Hamilton Beach sent me 2 blenders to try out. The blenders they sent were the Hamilton Beach Wave Crusher blender and the Single Serve Personal blender. Of course, I already have two blenders (a full-size blender Vitamix and a single serve Nutri Ninja Blender,) but these Hamilton Beach options are so very affordable, I was happy to try one out for this recipe today.
For today’s apple pie smoothie recipe, I opted to try out the Hamilton Beach Single Serve blender. (I thought it worked great – It did a good job crushing ice and mixed up our smoothies very quickly, plus for the price, I love that it came with 2 cups and 2 lids, so you can blend your smoothie and drink from the same cup. You can also use this blender to grind coffee beans and make whipped cream.
Ingredients in the Apple Pie Smoothie:
Want to try this yummy fall themed smoothie? These are the ingredients you need. (printable recipe card can be found at the bottom of the post.)
- 3/4 cup Applesauce (or 1 1/2 large apple) | If using a less powerful blender applesauce is the way to go. When I make this apple pie smoothie in my Vitamix, I just toss in a whole apple into the blender (quartered and seeded.)
- 3/4 cup Milk | Any type of milk works here. Whole, 2%, almond, soy, cashew, oat. Whatever you prefer.
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract | The best you can find.
- 1/2 tsp Apple Pie Spice | If you don’t have Apple Pie Spice, you can also use a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg instead.
- 1/2 cup of Ice cubes | Use more or less ice, depending on how frosty and thick you like your smoothies. Just about 5 to 6 cubes are perfect for me.
- Optional Sweetener | Depending on the sweetness of your applesauce, you may want to add a bit of your favorite sweetener. I used unsweetened applesauce and after adding a packet of the Splenda with Stevia, it was just right. But you know your family – just give it a taste and use whatever sweetener works best for you.
- Optional additions | Want to up the nutritional profile of your smoothie, without sacrificing the apple pie flavor? You can add any of the following options and still get that yummy apple pie flavor shining through.
- Scoop of vanilla protein powder,
- 1 tbs flaxseed,
- chia seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- frozen banana in place of the ice
- Apple Sauce will actually give a more intense apple flavor.
- The richer your milk, the richer your smoothie will be. (The 40 calorie almond milk is good, but creates a “lite” smoothie – good for us dieters, lol.)
- if you like a thick frozen smoothie, double the ice.
- My kids adore the flavor of a dollop of cool whip, but omg, how good would a scoop of vanilla ice cream be?
Garnish your apple pie smoothie with any of these delicious topping ideas.
- fresh whipped cream (or a dollop of Cool Whip)
- scoop of vanilla Ice cream
- walnut pieces
- pieces of chopped apple
- dash of cinnamon or apple pie spice
- toasted granola
- crushed graham crackers
Making the Apple Pie Smoothie is as easy as can be.
Toss your ingredients plus optional add-ins into the blender and blend away!
Mm-mm… Yummy. Sweet creamy apple pie flavors in just a few minutes!
More smoothie recipes to try:
- Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Raspberry, Oatmeal and Yogurt Smoothie
- Mango Banana Coladas Smoothie
- DIY Coconut Mocha Java Frappe
- 10 Low Calorie Smoothie Ideas
Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
Sweet, creamy and all the flavors of apple pie! This lightened up apple pie smoothie will give you all of the flavors of apple pie, but without all the calories.
- 3/4 cup applesauce (or cut up 1 and a half apples if your blender can handle it)
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 apple pie spice
- sweetener if desired
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes
- Optional add-ins: scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tbs flaxseed, chia seeds, 1/4 cup rolled oats, frozen banana in place of ice
Place ingredients in blender.
Blend til smooth.
Garnish apple pie smoothies with optional garnishes.
Optional Garnishes: fresh whipped cream (or a dollop of Cool Whip), walnut pieces, pieces of chopped apple, dash of cinnamon or apple pie spice, toasted granola, crushed graham crackers.
Calorie content calculated with unsweetened apple sauce, Silk unsweetened almond milk and a protein powder with 25 grams of protein and 160 calories per scoop.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 136
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Protein: 13
Keywords: apple pie smoothie, fall smoothie, apple smoothie recipe
Want more apple recipes? You might enjoy these:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!