This Microwave Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake for Two is a simple dessert using fresh blueberries. Such a great recipe for lazy summer nights when you’re craving a sweet treat!
Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake Recipe
And so the blueberry addiction continues in my house….and this recipe totally sent my low carb diet off the rails!
I let my lil missy take control of measuring and mixing all of our test versions of this recipe (and yes, that meant I had to keep stocking up on blueberries because she couldn’t stop eating them from the container!!) but I 100% participated in the taste testing.
And, of course, this Microwave Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake isn’t just a recipe to make once….
We must have made it at least 6 times and when we finally got it right, (the perfect level of moist-ness) I decided we needed to make it just one more time to get the perfect photos. (My first set of photos weren’t nearly this pretty. I had removed the cake from the mug, but mug cakes don’t look so great out of the mug, lol.)
I made the mistake of leaving the room “for a few minutes” while it cooled and when I came back 30 minutes later to do the photos, “someone” had eaten half of my mug cake!! (so we had to make it one last time – glad I did, these photos came out amazing!)
Needless to say, this blueberry lemon mug cake is about to become a “I want dessert but don’t want to bake anything” staple.
And, let’s be real, while mug cakes are meant to be shared….there’s also NOTHING wrong with eating the entire mug yourself while bingeing on Netflix….not that I would know anything about that one. 😉
Since this is so easy, this also makes a great hands-on activity for sleepovers…I know my lil missy would LOVE to impress her friends by showing them how to make this!
Flavor-wise, I am loving the blueberry-lemon combination. It’s the perfect amount of sweet and tart. Definitely don’t skimp on the blueberry lemon icing/drizzle – It’s sooo good!
Blueberries are still in season for several more months so stay tuned for even more blueberry recipes!
Do you love blueberries too? Here are a few more amazing blueberry recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- Easy Homemade Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- Blueberry Cheesecake Surprise
- The Most Delicious Blueberry Dump Cake Ever
- Blueberry Lemon Bars
This Microwave Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake for Two is a simple dessert using fresh blueberries.
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup blueberries (or more if you like a lot of blueberries)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (sometimes I add a smidge of milk to make the drizzle runnier, just mix it up and add more sugar or liquid to achieve the desired consistency.)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mug.
- Gently mix in wet ingredients until most lumps are gone.
- Mix in blueberries.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Let cool about 4 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice til smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Eat immediately.
- I recommend the smaller blueberries in this mug cake.
- Feel free to increase the amount of icing 🙂 (sometimes I add a smidge of milk to make the drizzle runnier, just mix it up and add more sugar or liquid to achieve the desired consistency.)
- Serving Size: 1/2 mug
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 43
- Protein: 3
Keywords: dessert, microwave, mug cake, blueberry
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.