Mangoes rank pretty high on my favorite fruit list. Every time I go to the warehouse/club store, I always grab a big container of the pre-cut mangoes. (The regular grocery store prices the mangoes like they’re diamonds or something.)
I do have to admit though, mangoes eaten on the beach in Mexico taste 10 times better than mangoes eaten here… Not exactly sure why though, any thoughts on that? 😉
Ok, back to the point of this post, Mango Sorbet!
The good thing about buying the huge pack of mangoes, is that I don’t have to hide or ration them and can get creative on how to use them up.
- 4 cups diced fresh mangoes
- 1 tsp lime juice or vanilla- which ever you prefer, but don’t use both!
- 1 cup sugar (this can be adjusted based on your taste and the sweetness of the mangos- start with half the amount and just give it a taste.)
- 3 cups ice
- Place ingredients in blender in the order listed.
- Turn the machine on ad slowly increase the speed to high and blend until smooth. (Hopefully about 30 seconds.)
At this point, you can serve immediately as soft serve sorbet or you can spread the sorbet in a shallow dish and freeze for a few hours to harden up a bit.
Enjoy!Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: