Welcome new readers, I’m so glad you’re here! I’ve got a fabulous Biscuits and Gravy with Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole recipe to share with you today.
This breakfast casserole is perfect for lazy Sunday mornings with the family and it’s even better when doubled for large groups. Bonus: the recipe can be assembled the night before for practically no morning prep!
Did I mention I hosted Thanksgiving week for my family this year? The deal was, hubby and I went on a trip the week prior to thanksgiving and my parents would stay at our house and take care of the kids. Then after returning from the trip, I would host our family for Thanksgiving… So yes, 28 people for the Thanksgiving meal plus 12 – 19 overnight guests spread throughout the week and weekend! (Lots of kids though, so it wasn’t too difficult to squeezing them in.)
I’m sure you can imagine the amount of food we went through.
My Dad had this Biscuits and Gravy with Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole recipe saved (that’s a mouthful isn’t it, lol.) and wanted to make it for everyone Thursday morning. He assembled the casserole at his house (a triple batch) and brought it to my kitchen to bake. The casserole was an absolute hit with even the pickiest little eaters!
The combination of the biscuits, sausage, gravy eggs and cheese is amazing. If you choose to prepare this the night before, you will need to increase the cooking time by about 20 minutes. (Keep your eye on it, you want to make sure the biscuits cook all the way and the eggs set completely. If you find your casserole is getting too brown for your taste, cover with a foil tent to keep it from browning too much more.)
Products used and Recommended in this post:
- Pioneer Brand Peppered Gravy Mix
- Pyrex Basics Glass Baking Dishes,
- 17-Inch Terry Cloth Oven Mitt (Heat Resistant to 600° F)
- OXO Cut and Serve Turner
- Sango Nova Brown 16-Piece Dinnerware Set,
Sausage and Gravy Breakfast Casserole
Serves 8 (with the Grands Biscuits)
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough (we used Grands, which are slightly bigger)
- 6 eggs
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage, any flavor
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through.
- Serve warm (leftovers are excellent too!)
Still hungry? You might also like these breakfast recipes:
(Just click the picture to see the recipe.)Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: