Looking for a hearty slow cooker soup recipe to fill you up and keep you warm on cold winter nights? This Crock Pot Corn and Sausage Chowder recipe definitely fits the bill- creamy and loaded with delicious sausage and vegetables, it will make your family(and their tummies) very happy!
Welcome back to day 5 of soup week!
I hope you get a chance to try a recipe or two that I’ve shared this week and maybe find a new favorite. Also, don’t forget to enter the giveaway for the cast iron dutch oven at the bottom of the post! (I’ve added new entry options each day of the giveaway.)
So far, all the soup recipes I’ve made this week were made using the dutch oven I’m giving away. (Love that pot!) It’s so versatile and great for many types of dishes other than just soup. It is quite heavy; (cast iron after all) but since it’s so pretty to look at, I just store it right on my stove top.
Hubby’s favorite was a 3 way tie between the Sausage and Bean Soup, White Chicken Chili and this one, though the Bean and Sausage one may be in the lead. My favorite flavor wise, was a tie between the Bean and Sausage Soup and White Chicken Chili, but waist-conscious-wise my favorite was the Asian Chicken and Veggie.
- 1 lb sausage, browned and drained (I used breakfast sausage)
- 28 oz package of frozen potatoes o’brien (the one with onions and peppers)
- 1 14 oz can of cream style corn
- 1 large carrot, chopped (I leaving this out because I don’t like cooked carrots- it’s up to you.)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp Salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Optional topping ideas: Diced Bacon pieces, green onions, cheese, sour cream.
- Place browned sausage at bottom of slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, corn and broth.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hrs or high 4 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, open lid and stir. Mash up about 1/3 of the potatoes (this will thicken the soup) and stir in shredded cheese, salt, pepper and evaporated milk. Let soup cook another 15 minutes or so on low or even the warm setting if you have one on your cooker.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
and following on Facebook, pinterest, etc…
If you are reading this post in a reader or email, you may have to click the rafflecopter link.
(Please be sure to fill out the required information properly. Giveaway open to US Residents only.)
Recommended products from this post:
- Dutch oven
- Hamilton Beach Set it and Forget it Slow Cooker
- Soup ladle (Love that this has the oz labeled in the ladle)
Still hungry? Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy!
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: