This easy White Chocolate Holiday Bark Recipe is made with white candy coating (white chocolate bark) and a festive fruit and nut blend. It’s a quick and easy Holiday Bark Recipe, that once packaged in a festive box or tray, makes a perfect coworker or neighbor holiday gift!
One of my favorite sweet treats is Almond bark. You can use it in so many different ways, I always keep it on hand since it stores so well.
As I was grocery shopping last week, I stumbled across a package of mixed nuts with cranberries and raisins. The color combination was so pretty with the red cranberries and green tinted pumpkin seeds and pistachios that I had to put a package in my cart. After a trip down the baking aisle, I knew exactly what I would make with it… Holiday Bark!
White Chocolate Holiday Bark Recipe
What is Amond Bark anyway?
Almond bark is a chocolate-like confection made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter and with coloring and flavors added.
Almond Bark can be bought in blocks, or round discs (the round disks are often packaged as “candy coating” and comes in so many flavors and color varieties) either online or in your grocery store baking section.
The reason you might wish to use Chocolate Almond bark over a regular bar or baking chocolate is becuse the almond bark melts like a dream, requires no tempering and tastes so yummy. (I say it “melts like a dream”, but if you are melting it in the microwave, you still need to keep an eye on it and stir every 15 to 30 seconds to avoid burning.)
If you have never used White Chocolate Almond Bark, it looks like this (sometimes the package says white almond bark other times it is called white bark or candy coating:)
Making candy bark is so easy and is one of my favorite holiday treats to give to our neighbors and coworkers.
How to Make Holiday Bark
To make this Holiday Bark Candy, it really only takes a few minutes and TWO ingredients!
The basic ingredients you need to make this holiday treat is either Chocolate Bark or White Chocolate Almond Bark, (your preference) plus whatever mix-ins you like.
What can I add to chocolate bark?
- Peppermint chips (these chips plus the white chocolate bark is my 2nd favorite combo)
- Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
- Broken Oreos (for cookies ‘n creme- made with the white chocolate is my all-time favorite!)
- mixed nuts
- any variety of dried fruits and nuts blend
- Dehydrated fruit (like ths strawberry almond bark recipe)
- broken graham crackers and dehydrated mini-marshmallows
Pin this Holiday Bark Recipe Here
A few other recipes perfect for gift giving:
- Strawberry Amond Bark
- Chocolate Espresso Bark
- Pecan Praline Sauce
- Homemade Nutella
- White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Sugar Cookies
- Easy Pistachio Nut Clusters
White Chocolate Holiday Bark Recipe
This easy white chocolate holiday bark is made with white candy coating and a festive fruit and nut blend. Quick and easy for a holiday treat! (and perfect for gift giving.)
- 1 Package of White Candy Coating (use as much as you want, the whole package makes quite a bit)
- +/- 3 cups of your mixings (chopped nuts, dried fruit, candy, broken pretzels.)
- wax paper
- Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Spread half of your mixings over the wax paper. Place candy coating in a microwave container and melt according to the directions on the package.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the mixings on the cookie sheet, spreading with spatula if needed to coat as evenly as possible. Sprinkle remaining mixings over the candy while it is still wet. (Try to press the mixings in just a bit so they will stick once the candy hardens. Let the candy sit for 20 to 30 minutes to harden.
- Gently break bark into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.