Looking for a great little snack or maybe something different for lunch or light dinner? Well look no further, these Easy BLT Pinwheels are always a hit! Plus these yummy tortilla roll-ups make a fabulous party appetizer too!
BLT Pinwheels or Wraps
We mostly do sandwiches or leftovers for lunch around here, but sometimes I like to get creative for the kids.
These BLT Pinwheels are super easy to make, taste delicious, and are a perfect bite-sized lunch or snack for the kids.
Ingredients + notes for the BLT Tortilla Rollups
(Ingredients at glance – full recipe amounts and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post)
- Cream cheese | Softened – any fat percentage will work for this recipe. Just use whatever you prefer
- Mayo | I prefer mayo for this particular recipe, but if you like Miracle Whip, feel free to use it.
- Sundried tomatoes in oil | If you can’t find the sundried tomatoes in oil, you can use regular dried sundried tomatoes and reconstitute them in hot water.
- Crisp bacon | In a pinch, you can use real bacon bits from a package.
- Spinach or tomato flavored wrap style tortillas | (the tomato ones were delicious)
- Tomatoes | (Homegrown tomatoes make this divine!)
- Romaine lettuce
How to Make BLT Pinwheels
These pinwheels are so easy to make!
- You basically mix together the cream cheese, mayo, sundried tomatoes, and bacon. Then spread the mayo mixture over the tortillas. Top with tomatoes and lettuce and roll up the tortilla.
- You can serve immediately, but for best results, roll the BLT Pinwheels in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour. (This helps the flavors meld together and actually helps the pinwheels stay in rolled-up form.)
- To serve, use a serrated knife and cut each roll into 1 inch thick slices
There are so many ways to change up this tortilla rollup recipe. The first time I made these, I followed the directions and made pinwheels. The next time I made them, I added a few slices of deli meat and served them immediately as a wrap. They were great both ways.
Here are a few more ideas:
- Use Miracle Whip instead of mayo
- Add green onions
- Add deli meat
- Add Ranch Seasoning to the cream cheese mixture
- Change up the spices by leaving out the sundried tomatoes and adding in taco seasoning and chopped black olives
More Snack Ideas to Love
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Dip
- Easy Meatball Calzones
- Peanut Butter And Oatmeal Energy Bars
- Strawberry Chocolate Hazelnut Bites
- Caramel Pecan Apple Slices
- Baked Apple Chips
- 5 Minute Tropical Fruit Salad
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats
Let me know what you think!Print
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayo (I used about half this amount of light mayo)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes in oil (I used regular dried sundried tomatoes that I reconstituted in hot water)
- 6 slices of crisp bacon, crumbled (I just used real bacon bits from a package)
- 3 spinach or tomato flavored wrap style tortilla (the tomato ones were delicious)
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes (Homegrown tomatoes make this divine!)
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1. In small bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo and sundried tomatoes.
2. Stir in bacon.
3. Spread mayo mixture evenly over tortillas.
4. Top with tomatoes and lettuce.
5. Roll the tortilla up tightly and wrap the tortilla roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
6. To serve, use a serrated knife and cut each roll into 1 inch thick slices