Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for a great little snack or maybe something different for lunch or light dinner? Well look no further, these Easy BLT Pinwheels are always a hit! Plus these yummy tortilla roll-ups make a fabulous party appetizer too!
BLT Pinwheels or Wraps
We mostly do sandwiches or leftovers for lunch around here, but sometimes I like to get creative for the kids.
These BLT Pinwheels are super easy to make, taste delicious, and are a perfect bite-sized lunch or snack for the kids.
(Love BLT’s too? Be sure to check out this BLT Salad or Baked BLT Dip.)
Ingredients + notes for the BLT Tortilla Rollups
(Ingredients at glance – full recipe amounts and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post)
- Cream cheese | Softened – any fat percentage will work for this recipe. Just use whatever you prefer
- Mayo | I prefer mayo for this particular recipe, but if you like Miracle Whip, feel free to use it.
- Sundried tomatoes in oil | If you can’t find the sundried tomatoes in oil, you can use regular dried sundried tomatoes and reconstitute them in hot water.
- Crisp bacon | In a pinch, you can use real bacon bits from a package.
- Spinach or tomato flavored wrap style tortillas | (the tomato ones were delicious)
- Tomatoes | (Homegrown tomatoes make this divine!)
- Romaine lettuce
How to Make BLT Pinwheels
These pinwheels are so easy to make!
- You basically mix together the cream cheese, mayo, sundried tomatoes, and bacon. Then spread the mayo mixture over the tortillas. Top with tomatoes and lettuce and roll up the tortilla.
- You can serve immediately, but for best results, roll the BLT Pinwheels in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour. (This helps the flavors meld together and actually helps the pinwheels stay in rolled-up form.)
- To serve, use a serrated knife and cut each roll into 1 inch thick slices
There are so many ways to change up this tortilla rollup recipe. The first time I made these, I followed the directions and made pinwheels. The next time I made them, I added a few slices of deli meat and served them immediately as a wrap. They were great both ways.
Here are a few more ideas:
- Use Miracle Whip instead of mayo
- Add green onions
- Add deli meat
- Add Ranch Seasoning to the cream cheese mixture
- Change up the spices by leaving out the sundried tomatoes and adding in taco seasoning and chopped black olives
More Snack Ideas to Love
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Dip
- Easy Meatball Calzones
- Peanut Butter And Oatmeal Energy Bars
- Strawberry Chocolate Hazelnut Bites
- Caramel Pecan Apple Slices
- Baked Apple Chips
- 5 Minute Tropical Fruit Salad
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats
Let me know what you think!Print
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayo (I used about half this amount of light mayo)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes in oil (I used regular dried sundried tomatoes that I reconstituted in hot water)
- 6 slices of crisp bacon, crumbled (I just used real bacon bits from a package)
- 3 spinach or tomato flavored wrap style tortilla (the tomato ones were delicious)
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes (Homegrown tomatoes make this divine!)
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1. In small bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo and sundried tomatoes.
2. Stir in bacon.
3. Spread mayo mixture evenly over tortillas.
4. Top with tomatoes and lettuce.
5. Roll the tortilla up tightly and wrap the tortilla roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
6. To serve, use a serrated knife and cut each roll into 1 inch thick slices
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.
These look so delicious!! Can't wait to make them! Just featured them here:
I love all of your scattered thought ideas! Awesome!
Kimberli @ greatastestuesdays.blogspot.com
I made these for an art show and they were gone before I knew it, thanks!
Yummy. Such a great idea for a summer treat!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. It's a new linky party starting today. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Nichi
These look delish, can you make these ahead of time? Do they hold up well?
I want these right now!
Thanks for making me drool!
Stacey of Embracing Change
These look dangerously good! I think I would win Best Wife Award if I made these for my husband.
If you get a chance I would love if you would link up this recipe at my Pin Party.
These look delicious! Cream cheese and bacon? Oh my! what gorgeous snacks!!!
Can't wait to try these! Great summer snacks. Thanks for sharing!
These look so delicious! I would love to invite you to share this on Saturday Show and Tell: (www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-20/). I know that my readers would appreciate this and some of your other posts. Thanks and have a great weekend.
These look delicious and perfect for a potluck or party.
These look so good and are a great picnic option. I am featuring this on my pinterest, facebook and twitter pages today. Thanks for linking up to the Pinworthy Projects Party!
These look amazing! My family ate BLTs all the time when I was younger but the bacon cooking process keeps us from making them as often now. I love wraps so we'll be sure to try this BLT shortcut when we're craving some bacon!
Visiting from Just Us Four 🙂
What a beautiful presentation for your BLT Pinwheels, great idea and recipe! Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Ooh, those would be great for a party! 🙂
These look delicious!! Megan
Yummy! Those look and sound delicious!
Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse Party! I'll be featuring this tomorrow!
Oh, yum! I love BLT's and this is such a fun twist on the traditional sandwich.
Oh!! I would so eat a bunch of those blts right now!
Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!
These look delicious! I make ham/cheese "roll ups" for my fam but I think they'd like these better with the bacon =) Thanks for sharing!
These look great xx
I love this idea – my son just started nursery so on the lookout for different snack options. Thanks for sharing!
This is a great idea for lunch or even a party!! They would be erfect this time of year with the fresh tomatoes! Lovely job! You have a wonderful blog!
Yum! What a fantastic idea for lunch. Pinned and can't wait to try!
The pinwheels look so fine.
I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
I have linked up another attempt at meatballs. Have a good week.
These look delicious. Its something that my picky toddler would love too. Cant wait to try them out!! Thanks for saving our lunchtime! 🙂
These look awesome and I love your blog. Newest follower. I'd love to have you link up to Thursday Food Fest at http://www.theeaseoffreeze.com. Thanks, Sarah
Ugh, these look so good. Pinwheels are a great way to break up my sandwich lunch habit. If you haven't already- I'd love for you to share at Sweet Sharing Monday! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-14/
Those pinwheels look so delightful!
Oh those do sound great!!! Summer time and BLT's just go together so well:-)
These look great!! I can never think of anything unique to make for lunch, but these will be perfect!
This looks like a great lunch! I love the flavors you chose, thanks for sharing!
That looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from My 1929 Charmer. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House tomorrow. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com. Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse