Well look no further, these Easy BLT Pinwheels were quite the hit with my little family!
See how to make these pinwheels after the Jump!
BLT Pinwheels or Wraps
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayo (I used about half this amount of light mayo)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes in oil (I used regular dried sundried tomatoes that I reconstituted in hot water)
- 6 slices of crisp bacon, crumbled (I just used real bacon bits from a package)
- 3 spinach or tomato flavored wrap style tortilla (the tomato ones were delicious)
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes (Home grown tomatoes make this divine!)
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
1. In small bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo and sundried tomatoes.
2. Stir in bacon.
3. Spread mayo mixture evenly over tortillas.
4. Top with tomatoes and lettuce.
5. Roll the tortilla up tightly and wrap the tortilla roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour.
6. To serve, use a serrated knife and cut each roll into 1 inch thick slices
The first time I made these, I followed the directions and made pinwheels. The kids loved them for a snack. The next time I made them, I added a few slices of deli meat and served them immediately as a wrap. They were great both ways.
If you like this recipe and want to see more, consider following my blog! That way you can keep up with all my latest posts! (and I would love to have you as a follower.) To follow, you can subscribe using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed on this page.