Want an amazing and oh-so-easy Low Carb and Sugar-Free Dessert? Look no further, this low carb Jello Fluff dessert is exactly what you need to satisfy your sweet tooth! (Is it a salad or is a desert? I’m not sure the answer, but what I do know is that it’s delicious!)
FYI: If you are not a low carb eater – don’t make this recipe. Make this Jello Salad recipe instead: Black Cherry Jello Salad. (It’s the traditional Jello Salad Recipe you are probably looking for.)
A few years back, I shared a recipe for the traditional, family favorite jello salad we serve at every holiday gathering. That jello salad is probably in my top 10 favorite dishes ever and definitely makes the holiday meal, in my opinion! (The nearest holiday dish to rival it, is my mom’s mashed candied yam casserole, but the salad is definitely my favorite.)
I’m committed to sticking with my low sugar/low carb way of eating- especially through the holidays. (At some point, I’ll share our before and after weight loss pics, so keep your eye out for that.) I really wanted to come up with a few lower carb dishes that would fit seamlessly into our holiday menus. (Another good recipe I’ve been making a lot is my broccoli salad.)
Guy’s- I could have totally shared this recipe with you much sooner because I’ve made it at least 6 times now. The problem is, we just keep eating it before I can get pictures!
I knew it would be easy to remake this recipe since sugar-free Jello and heavy cream are very low on the carb scale. (Even though the cartons say zero, the jello and cream do have carbs. I think a product can have almost .9 carbs per serving and still be allowed to say zero in the nutritional facts.) I’ve seen jello salads made with cottage cheese so I wanted to try and combine a cottage cheese salad and my jello salad and see how it turned out.
I totally scored with this new recipe. In fact, I think I might like it better than the old recipe. The texture is a bit different from the original since I’m using different ingredients for the base. The heavy whipping cream and cottage cheese make for a “denser” jello salad than you’re probably used to, but I can’t begin to tell you how much my hubby and I love this recipe. It could be because we’re eating fewer sweets, but every little spoonful is like a bite of Heaven!
-Cottage cheese does have a few carbs per serving. Compare labels and look for one with more fat. As an example, the Horizon brand has fewer carbs than other cottage cheese brands w/ 4% milkfat.
Low Carb/Sugar Free Jello “Fluff” Salad
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese (highest fat./lowest carb count you can find)
- 1 packet of Sugar free Black Cherry Jello (the box w/ 4 servings)
- 1/2 cup of shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese (use more if you like)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (more if you like)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp of your favorite no sugar sweetener. (I like Swerve)
- Place whipping cream, mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for about 10 minutes before starting. (Helps the whipping cream whip faster and fluffier
- Mix the Jello powder and cottage cheese together until completely combined.
- Add pecans and shredded cheese to the jello mixture, combine.
- Whip the cream to the soft peak stage and add in your sweetener.
- Continue whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold whipped cream and jello mixture together until completely combined.
- Chill 2 to 4 hour before serving. (Though I never wait that long when making this for me, lol!)
Mmm, good- I could not wait to eat it!
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: